Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
:D

In the longer term yes but there is also the law of Richmond FC which says you have to earn your precious yellow sash by a series of performances that knock the door of selection down. Young Maurice has picked up the sledge hammer and has given it a decent whack but he has to hit it a few more times to dislodge the incumbents.

I would travel a long way to see the offspring of one of the most electric players I have ever seen run out in the yellow and black on game day but he has to earn it.
I dont know that that is actually a law. I reckon Hardwick and Co pick players they think have the game to translate to AFL, rather than base selection on VFL performances. Graham, Pickett and Stack are a few examples in recent years.
It confuses the fans at times, but you've got to say they've got it pretty right in recent years.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I dont know that that is actually a law. I reckon Hardwick and Co pick players they think have the game to translate to AFL, rather than base selection on VFL performances. Graham, Pickett and Stack are a few examples in recent years.
It confuses the fans at times, but you've got to say they've got it pretty right in recent years.
Well said. Good sign for a player when they debut early in there career regardless of development, conditioning etc. Bad sign when they get left in the VFL regardless of how well they are apparently performing. Can’t think of many times in Hardwick’s reign when he’s got it wrong, either way.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
many "good" judges still probably want Hardwick sacked for ruining the career of the greatest small forward that never lived.

he was the world's tallest dwarf. The most superb VFL player in history.

In one game Ty Vickery kicked six times as many goals as McBeano kicked in his entire AFL career.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Here's his 2017 Highlights package. I miss 2017 Dan Rioli
He's a different player now. Played with natural instincts and no hesitation back then. Was poised to be a superstar of the game - Cyril level. Still a triple premiership player but a bit disappointing he's not doing what he did in that clip.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
No F word yet?

I think the official Farce declaration came a few pages ago?

after the Suburb Cabinet meeting the other day

they were saying something about a new MRJ-21 mutation

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Just watching Tipungwuti kicked his 4th goal, MoJo has all the moves that Tipungwuti has. He was one of only a few who looked ok yesterday in the VFL, reckon he would do well at the feet of Jack and Tom, get him in.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Watched the VFL game & whilst stats wise he didn't get a lot of the ball, I absolutely loved what he did when he got it & just as importantly when he was near it.
Sometimes you've got to take a punt on a kid & of all I'm seeing I think he's got the traits to play AFL..

Stop the MJ farce.

Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I think the official Farce declaration came a few pages ago?

after the Suburb Cabinet meeting the other day

they were saying something about a new MRJ-21 mutation

I looked everywhere for it, EZ. Who took the honours?