Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Need another small !
Yep. Reckon Stack and MRJ in the fwd line would cause serious headaches. Stack in that fwd line last night and a couple of those missed shots become goals. MRJ gets dropped then we only become a poorer side for it as there is no one else that can bring that fwd pressure atm

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
5 gamer. Has plenty of time.

That was actually his 7th game, people seem to forget he played 2 games last year.

Main point is correct, few games, young player, much development to look forward to.

While I reckon it is unfair to compare Maurice Jnr to his father (few compare to his father) he has his own talents and is looking like a quality AFL player in his own right. But, just occasionally, he does things which remind you of his father, and for that the comparisons will always be made. And ain't it brilliant when he resembles his father?

DS

Reactions: 8 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That was actually his 7th game, people seem to forget he played 2 games last year.

Main point is correct, few games, young player, much development to look forward to.

While I reckon it is unfair to compare Maurice Jnr to his father (few compare to his father) he has his own talents and is looking like a quality AFL player in his own right. But, just occasionally, he does things which remind you of his father, and for that the comparisons will always be made. And ain't it brilliant when he resembles his father?

DS
Definitely. Hairstyle and everything. Huge upside in Mozza. Just needs a few pre-seasons to build.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Very little offensive influence. But gee his defensive pressure is unbelievable. Watch a game and just focus on MRJ. He forces so many rushed kicks and makes the opponent overthink. If he only had a partner on the other flank who could assist.

I think MRJ currently has a habit of trying to do too much when he has the ball. I would like to see him focus on the basics and dispose to the first option until he has a better handle of the pace of the game and then he can take the game on more.

Reactions: 6 users

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
Very little offensive influence. But gee his defensive pressure is unbelievable. Watch a game and just focus on MRJ. He forces so many rushed kicks and makes the opponent overthink. If he only had a partner on the other flank who could assist.

I think MRJ currently has a habit of trying to do too much when he has the ball. I would like to see him focus on the basics and dispose to the first option until he has a better handle of the pace of the game and then he can take the game on more.
Think maybe about time to give him a week managed and run say Cumberland or Stack thru

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
his low centre of gravity looks to be his greatest weapon as strange as it sounds.
Couple of blokes like Duck n Daics had the low centre of gravity n were fairly handy players. Big arse hanging low to the ground tends to be fairly handy for Oz rules players, keeps them from tipping over to easily.

Reactions: 1 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Watching Jnr on Friday it suddenly struck me what he reminded me of.

He's like a player in a multi-player on-line game who installs speed hacks. The way he runs around normally then the afterburners kick in and he seems to move twice as fast as everyone else.

Didn't get a lot of the ball but he played like two players with his speed and pressure on Friday.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Moju's got plenty of good little bits n pieces to his game. Just needs time to grow n develop so that the little bits all start to fit together. Reckon it'll be explosive cameos until 2024 n from there on we'll get to see the full picture of what Moju's got.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I'm not sure about him but watching Swans defenders waltz away from Soldo compared to MoJu's pressure means you can see why he is there.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Moju's got plenty of good little bits n pieces to his game. Just needs time to grow n develop so that the little bits all start to fit together. Reckon it'll be explosive cameos until 2024 n from there on we'll get to see the full picture of what Moju's got.
The problem is he is still a raw kid in AFL terms and people want him to be like is uncle of yesteryear right now but it will take time