Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Seemed a step late defensively tonight. Been struggling big time since being brought back in 4 games ago. 13 efficient disposals, 5 contested possies 3 goals doesn't really cut it.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I think he's being too defensive. All the chasing and pressuring can burn him out like it did his cousin. Also he's not developing his offensive skills. He's probably trying to impress Dimma a bit too much. A wise coach would tell him to ease off slightly with the chasing and try to enjoy your footy a bit more.

Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I think he's being too defensive. All the chasing and pressuring can burn him out like it did his cousin. Also he's not developing his offensive skills. He's probably trying to impress Dimma a bit too much. A wise coach would tell him to ease off slightly with the chasing and try to enjoy your footy a bit more.

Only thing is if he doesn't do it, the ball will fly out of our forward line. Nobody else is doing it.

There was a goal he saved in the last quarter. Ran full.pelt from the wing to apply pressure on a Sun player going for goal and he kicked it out on the full. So applying pressure both directions. No doubt that's his role in the team and I'm sure they will build his offensive stuff over time

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Only thing is if he doesn't do it, the ball will fly out of our forward line. Nobody else is doing it.

There was a goal he saved in the last quarter. Ran full.pelt from the wing to apply pressure on a Sun player going for goal and he kicked it out on the full. So applying pressure both directions. No doubt that's his role in the team and I'm sure they will build his offensive stuff over time
It's good that he does it but it's a bloody tough gig let alone for a teenager.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Yes, that was fortuitous. He only ended up on the wing cos he came off the bench and wasn't going to make it to the f50 before the bounce so Pickett went forward, and Rioli to the wing. A bit of luck probably saved us a goal.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
This x 1000. Was almost the undoing of Daniel. Dimma's relentless focus on pressure, pressure, pressure comes at a big cost of development. MRJ should be encouraged to exploit and focus on his fantastic evasive and touch skills. Instead it seems he has been instructed to just chase and chase which sees him running around in circles for the most parts. The thing is when he does get the ball something good usually comes of it. That is what Dimma and co should be focusing on. Developing those skills and making sure the team utilise them to our full advantage. If this continues i can see him burning out and stagnating in development.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Kid's playing like he's forgotten what footy is all about. Just lurking around the forward line trying to keep out of everyone else's way n then reacting n chasing when the oppo get the pill. Sometimes ya need to go head down n arse up make the pill your objective n let the other buggers chase you for a bit.
Moju's still got much to learn n the only way he's gunna do it is to be playing seniors. Same for blokes like Raaalph, Gibber, Cummers, Rossy n a few other youngsters hovering around the edges. Delilah will obviously have to come in for ruck duties but I'd rather not see Georgie, Aarts or Parker getting more games just because they are mature n experienced bodies. I'd rather we crack in with developing youngsters n let them learn to hate getting beat up on than have players who should be better just delivering rubbish.

There's gunna be a massive hole in our list profile very soon n we need to let the youngsters know what they need to bring if they want any chance of helping to fill the hole.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Needs to have a better balance between defence and offense. Wastes too much time and effort chasing and pressuring.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He was dropped last time to work on his offensive game. I think they said "creativity". Let's see how he goes.