Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Brain needs to catch up with his feet.
A couple of times he stuffed up by over thinking it

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Key things for any forward:

- one grab mark.
- must nail set shots - at least 2 out of 3.
- don’t fumble ground balls - must have clean hands.
- be 360 degree aware.
- know where the goals are.
- have a special trick(s).

Defensive pressure goes without saying. But that won’t cut it on its own.

Cumberland tonight was a classic case in point. Quiet game but still kicked two & gave off at least one more.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Just fits our helter-skelter style. Makes the game quicker, makes the other mob speed up when they have the ball.

Reactions: 5 users

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Spot on. Fumbles too much, not clean enough & takes too long to pick right option - hence gets caught too much.

I’m very much 50/50 as to whether he makes it. I hope he does, but highly doubt it.
Certainly has some areas to tidy up but if he improves as much in the next 12 months as he has in the last year he will be absolutely fine.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Warming the seat for Judson Clarke.
But another preseason could change everything

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We had a plan.

We want to cultivate "effectively a first year player" Maurice's ball winning, his ball use. So we dropped MoJu.

We had to rush him back to AFL level because injuries. And now can't even use him as a sub. Because injuries.

We're rushing this guy. He's not failing but he's not blooming.

We could not get the month of development for him at VFA level. And then there was the personal leave matter. He missed a week of development there.

MoJu got only one week as sub. Injuries, so rushed back to senior full time again tonight.

And now we have the same MoJu we had seven weeks ago when he was dropped.

With the great clubs (you may have heard of RFC) they need time to implement plans.

Two weeks in the reserves for mine. Let's see this through and unleash the remodelled MoJu in September.

Ball winning. Ball use. Clean.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I’m actually fine with Moju’s development so far. To me he was drafted on name and potential to a degree and was always going to take some time.
As Tortured Tiger said he is a much better player now than he was this time last year and I expect that to continue. Still 2 years away imo

Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I’m actually fine with Moju’s development so far. To me he was drafted on name and potential to a degree and was always going to take some time.
As Tortured Tiger said he is a much better player now than he was this time last year and I expect that to continue. Still 2 years away imo

Agree. Maurice is coming along, still putting the fear of God into defenders. Growing in confidence and composure

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Spot on. Fumbles too much, not clean enough & takes too long to pick right option - hence gets caught too much.

I’m very much 50/50 as to whether he makes it. I hope he does, but highly doubt it.
Still learning the pace of the game. He's only played 14 games, half of those as sub. As mentioned above, he is twice the playwr he was this time last year. If he develops as much again, we will have an offensive and defensive weapon

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
He’s fine. 19 . Maurice of 21+ will be a beauty.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

He's only 19. He'll make it.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
We had a plan.

We want to cultivate "effectively a first year player" Maurice's ball winning, his ball use. So we dropped MoJu.

We had to rush him back to AFL level because injuries. And now can't even use him as a sub. Because injuries.

We're rushing this guy. He's not failing but he's not blooming.

We could not get the month of development for him at VFA level. And then there was the personal leave matter. He missed a week of development there.

MoJu got only one week as sub. Injuries, so rushed back to senior full time again tonight.

And now we have the same MoJu we had seven weeks ago when he was dropped.

With the great clubs (you may have heard of RFC) they need time to implement plans.

Two weeks in the reserves for mine. Let's see this through and unleash the remodelled MoJu in September.

Ball winning. Ball use. Clean.
I don't think so.

He's not playing because of injuries. We went in to the game last night with only Dusty and Grimes unavailable. We will always have at least two of our 22 unavailable, which means he's effectively best 22.

And he didn't come in as a key back or mid.
He's in because he's the best pressure forward at Richmond. He's in because we are a substationally better side with him in.
He's the anti Aarts.

We drop him for two weeks to retool, and we are dropping him for the summer, because we won't make finals.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The criticism towards this kid is mind boggling. Yes he has flaws as his is still a pup in footy terms. But he transforms our forward line and how we play. Massive piece to our puzzle.