Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Just saw a father/son pic on MJ’s Insta. Twelve years since we lost the great man.
Tough day for the young fella I imagine.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Has MJ got another gear?
If the end of last season has anything to go by he does.
Been on the scene a little while now but I'm as excited by what he can deliver this year as anyone.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Has MJ got another gear?
Been on the scene a little while now but I'm as excited by what he can deliver this year as anyone.
Not even 21 yet and won’t be until September plus he’s only entering his third season. Plenty of improvement to come.

Reactions: 1 users

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
He's come a long way, I'm really pleased with how much he's improved. Have no doubt he'll go to another level again this season

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Has MJ got another gear?
I reckon he has a few more. I see midfield in his future.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I know you can say it about most players but MRJ when he's 23+ and 100 games under his belt will be a gem.

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I'm still ok with MoJu doing some more development time in the Magoos if he doesn't quite level up in the ones. Confidence in the contest looks like it's not quite right to me as at the practice matches. Better use and better decision making are the things we'd be looking for.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Hope he doesn’t try to do too much like he continually did in the practice games.
First option is usually the best option.

Reactions: 4 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
didnt see the chase downs in Practice match 1 and 2. Reflected the intensity of most of the others. Its his 1 wood, if its not there on a regular basis may need to find form and confidence in the VFL side. Wait and see if he can start 2023 with a bang !

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Reckon he was just slightly over cookin things in the pre season trying to create something extra. Just needs to dial things back a tad n find the first option a bit.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Jeez, he has some moments that thrill you. Was good last night, going to be very, very good in time.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Remember when he couldn't kick over a jam jar? His 50m set shot just got there last night, but that's 15m further than he would have got it two years ago.

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Seemed to have either lost a yard of acceleration, or the opposition make that extra effort to catch. Dunno, but he seemed to get caught more

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Seemed to have either lost a yard of acceleration, or the opposition make that extra effort to catch. Dunno, but he seemed to get caught more

Its because he wasn't that clean with his ball handling. He seemed to fumble a bit which lost him that jump on the oppo.

Reactions: 1 user