MCG - record winning streak | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MCG - record winning streak

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Interestingly, in 12 of the past 13 games going back to the prelim last year, we have kicked between 15 and 17 goals.

No really big scores, no really small scores.

Very consistent.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
toby64 said:
Interestingly, in 12 of the past 13 games going back to the prelim last year, we have kicked between 15 and 17 goals.

No really big scores, no really small scores.

Very consistent.

It's quite uncanny. But it does fit some of the observations made on other threads about how managed the game is by the coaches... Doing enough but not too much.
But even if that is all just our imagination to be so so consistently kicking over 100 points in all but one home game this year is a great measure of the quality of our football. Channel 7 should insist on telecasting us every week...guaranteed 4 ad breaks a quarter.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Posted this elsewhere, but seems appropriate here as well:

Midsy said:
While I never want Richmond to lose, I do half wish this non-losing steak at the G would end sooner rather than later.

The longer we go without a loss, the more likely it is in the next game.

A loss this week against the cats would take that pressure off, and give us ample time to reset. Now, being two games plus % clear in the top two, would be the perfect time to open the pressure valve.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Midsy said:
Posted this elsewhere, but seems appropriate here as well:

While I never want Richmond to lose, I do half wish this non-losing steak at the G would end sooner rather than later.

The longer we go without a loss, the more likely it is in the next game.

A loss this week against the cats would take that pressure off, and give us ample time to reset. Now, being two games plus % clear in the top two, would be the perfect time to open the pressure valve.

No appropriate at all Midsy. Just like throwing 17 heads in a row makes no difference to the odds of throwing a head with the next toss. I think it makes our opposition more intimidated if anything.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
This record wont be broken in my lifetime - unless we win this week of course. :rofl

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Whats the longest winning streak at the one ground? How many did brisbane win at the gabba? What about the suburban grounds during the vfl days?

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Harry said:
Whats the longest winning streak at the one ground? How many did brisbane win at the gabba? What about the suburban grounds during the vfl days?

Geelong won 29 at Kardinia Park from 2008 to 2011.

Richmond won 24 in a row at Punt Road in the early to mid 1930s...thats the equal second longest streak with South Melbourne at the Lake Oval also in the 1930s.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
CarnTheTiges said:
It's been kept very hush hush, but apparently Collingwood had injuries during that game.

Why don’t the media tell us?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
CarnTheTiges said:
It's been kept very hush hush, but apparently Collingwood had injuries during that game.
Really? Wow, they must be the only club in the AFL that has some players missing through injury. Playing with such an unfair disadvantage like this must explain why the umpires look after them so much.....

E

easy_tiger

se7en said:
Just cracked a million people thru the gates.
Not too bad.

so for every 10,000 we pull through, the umps give the opposition a free free

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I know we don’t have a current winning streak like the one we had last year.
We are currently 1 L in a row.
But I’m hoping we are about to win the win the next 10 and get another nice trophy.

I assumed we’ve beaten every team on the MCG over the last few years so there is no reason why not.

But during a review of the stats I noticed my assumption was incorrect.

We haven’t beaten north (2006) and Port (1998) on the MCG (due to limited opportunities ) for quite a long time.

Adelaide R16 2018 ✅*
Bris r4 2018 ✅
Carlton r1 2019 ✅
Collingwood r19 2018. :mad:
Essendon r10 2019 ✅
Fremantle r7 2018 ✅
Geelong r20 2018. :mad:
GC Suns r12 2016 ✅
GWS Giants PF 2017 ✅*
Hawthorn r9 2019 ✅
Melbourne r6 2019. ✅
North R11. 2006. :mad: