MCG Ticket allocation for Thurs night | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MCG Ticket allocation for Thurs night

Might go to the StKilda 'away' game next Friday at the G. Could be packed if we win this Thursday.

i received a text last night saying 56,000 tix have been sold for tomorrow night. i don't know what that means in regards to crowd numbers as i don't know if that includes scum members. i'm guessing it doesn't include MCC members either...?

That figure was quoted by Steven Gough of the MCC last night on 3aw and it is inclusive of scum members.
I reserved my seat and all I could get was nosebleed seats on the Southern.

TigerForce said:
Might go to the StKilda 'away' game next Friday at the G. Could be packed if we win this Thursday.
Just a reminder for members, the Saints game is our make up game for Cairns, so hope the crowd is a good one.

Got to the G before opening, joined the ticket window queue. Jaw boned with some tiger members and the word was you have to buy a reserved seat to get in, witnessed the ticket window lady telling the tiger in front of me (membership card clearly dangling from his neck) as much as he begrudgingly passed over his hard earned. The gates suddenly opened so I pulled out of the queue showed my membership to the turnstile guy and received a big smile and 2 thumbs up, quick scan and me, my son and his mate straight through – saved a few dollars there despite the best efforts of the dark forces to suck more money out of me all through the week. The crowd was 80 something thousand strong. Live and learn.

glantone said:
Got to the G before opening, joined the ticket window queue. Jaw boned with some tiger members and the word was you have to buy a reserved seat to get in, witnessed the ticket window lady telling the tiger in front of me (membership card clearly dangling from his neck) as much as he begrudgingly passed over his hard earned. The gates suddenly opened so I pulled out of the queue showed my membership to the turnstile guy and received a big smile and 2 thumbs up, quick scan and me, my son and his mate straight through – saved a few dollars there despite the best efforts of the dark forces to suck more money out of me all through the week. The crowd was 80 something thousand strong. Live and learn.

freakin' burglars

Ian4 said:
No way the crowd was 80, 000. Way too many empty seats

Yes way it was 81K and it looked like it, it was pretty packed all around, as stated previously 20,000 spare seats to be precisely and thats what will give u that thought of crowd numbers....

Does anyone have any idea how that dog ticketek website works? I'm trying to get 6 tickets (4 membership upgrades) for Dreamtime and on one hand its telling me tickets are available and when i try to progress its telling me seat allocation are exhausted.

Does anyone have any idea how that dog ticketek website works? I'm trying to get 6 tickets (4 membership upgrades) for Dreamtime and on one hand its telling me tickets are available and when i try to progress its telling me seat allocation are exhausted.

Nope, nobody knows, I doubt the morons at Ticketek know.

I am trying to find a decent ticket for this weekend in the Roaming Tiger area. I keep getting allocated tickets near the back, I look at the map of the bay and it states all the other tickets are sold, then I return a couple of hours later and it allocates me tickets it told me were sold.

Absolute disgrace Ticketek, they would get a lot less traffic on their servers (and they might actually function better) if they actually let us choose seats which suit our specific preferences, but I end up going there maybe 20 times for each game until I get tickets which suit me.

DS

PS Just checked again, it is now telling me there are no tickets left in the Roaming Tiger allocation for this Saturday. Give me a break, we are guaranteed a seat and there is absolutely no way they have run out of seats for a match which I doubt will have a crowd more than maybe 50K. Ticketek are so full of s**hit.

Last edited:
I reckon Ticketek is owned and run by some old school blue bloods from the right side of the Yaarra. 2017 GF I had to stand in a 200m queue outside some shitty theatre in the city to pick up my guaranteed GF seat. When I finally got into the theatre there were two old buggers behind the theatre ticket booth. Fair dinkum, it’s run by a mum and pop blue blood family connected by the old school tie knobs at the AFL. How else could a multi million dollar industry use that pathetic ticketing joke.

Does anyone have any idea how that dog ticketek website works? I'm trying to get 6 tickets (4 membership upgrades) for Dreamtime and on one hand it’s telling me tickets are available and when i try to progress it’s telling me seat allocation are exhausted.
I got mine a while back so I’m only guessing the issues here.
1. There might not be 6 seats together available.
2. Are you looking in the membership section allocation or general? I always had problems when I hit the members area. Usually less of an issue with seats in the general public area ( you can still upgrade your membership here)
3. It’s sold out. By that, I don’t mean it’s sold out capacity wise, just sold out of the tickets they’ve released so far. The *smile* at ticketek usually only do a certain amount of bays and wait till they sell. So people panic thinking it’s sold out, get crappy seats because that’s the “ best available “, then find out that better seats are released later or turn up to the game expecting a full house only to see large areas of seats empty :mad:

I got mine a while back so I’m only guessing the issues here.
1. There might not be 6 seats together available.
2. Are you looking in the membership section allocation or general? I always had problems when I hit the members area. Usually less of an issue with seats in the general public area ( you can still upgrade your membership here)
3. It’s sold out. By that, I don’t mean it’s sold out capacity wise, just sold out of the tickets they’ve released so far. The *smile* at ticketek usually only do a certain amount of bays and wait till they sell. So people panic thinking it’s sold out, get crappy seats because that’s the “ best available “, then find out that better seats are released later or turn up to the game expecting a full house only to see large areas of seats empty :mad:

My problem is that I have to choose best available in order to get in the Roaming Tiger section, then they allocate seats which I can't change because of the lie that all the rest of the seats are sold.

Absolute shambles.

DS