McLachlan to stay on | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

McLachlan to stay on

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Feels like Gil has setup the situation perfectly for an internal candidate to takeover. He steps down after round 5, Auld or someone else already in AFL House takes over as interim CEO. They do such a good job for the rest of the season (according to “well placed sources” from AFL approved media outlets anyway) that they rocket into favoritism and officially take the job sometime around grand final week.

Reactions: 5 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
So where does that leave the candidates that have been sourced by the (expensive) recruiter. As if they are going to wait indefinitely for the AFL, especially if they are from clubland. Either they don't have an option or something is fishy I reckon
Only thing fishier is Dans rail loop.

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
He is a kok
Gilligans Island GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
It is the bloke in the office next to Gill, too many skeletons to appoint an outsider.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
If Benny does get the job (now highly unlikely you'd think), it won't be ideal after the season has started. That is unless we already know & are hunting a replacement of our own..
if there is a candidate from Geelong past or present, then Benny would be a no go zone.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
There are a couple more things to sweep under the carpet the Hawks saga and the umpire corruption for him to clear.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So round 5 is 10 days away.

Anyword on Gil's big gather exit party?

Is he gonna put on a magic ring and dissappear?

I would have thought after postponing his exit already,

Wed have a successor appointed and Gil would be ordering the canapes?

10 days

(Crickets chirp)

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Heard something the other day on TV that made my ears prick up. Might have been Caro on ABC sunday morn? I was doing other things and only half listening. She seemed to be saying the clubs are not happy with the leagues slackness and proposed process of appointing 2 (?) new commissioners to vacant spots. Seemed to be saying league has been slack, and implied clubs are over the way the league sets up the board, and the clubs are getting together and putting forward their own candidates, she mentioned a couple of names which I forget.

Thought it was interesting in the context of Warner's book saying the AFLs corruption problems stem from the fact the board is toothless and controlled and manipulated by the Exec, and has been increasingly so since AD and MF.

Reactions: 3 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
So round 5 is 10 days away.

Anyword on Gil's big gather exit party?

Is he gonna put on a magic ring and dissappear?

I would have thought after postponing his exit already,

Wed have a successor appointed and Gil would be ordering the canapes?

10 days

(Crickets chirp)
Must be trying to extend it again till they find someone better than Gale

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Board wise, Andrew Ireland, Chris Judd, Keith Thomas and a couple of other ex players are being proposed by the frustrated clubs according to Wilson.

Suggestion from McGuire is that he believes Gerry Gee’s replacement will be from inside the AFL despite spending big dollars on external recruitment.

• Wow

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Board wise, Andrew Ireland, Chris Judd, Keith Thomas and a couple of other ex players are being proposed by the frustrated clubs according to Wilson.

Suggestion from McGuire is that he believes Gerry Gee’s replacement will be from inside the AFL despite spending big dollars on external recruitment.
Yep, pretty obvious they will go with an internal candidate given how long it’s taken. Reckon the headhunting firm they hired probably tried to do their job properly first time and put forward a list of potentials that didn’t include anyone from HQ. Gill probably rejigged the terms of reference and sent them back to have another go at it.

Whoever takes over as interim CEO after round 5 is the anointed one. From there, expect them to be officially appointed around GF week. The game succeeds in spite of HQ not because of it.

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
This has been absolute amateur hour from the AFL. Goyder would kick his wife to the curb for Gillon, that is how smitten he is.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

Judd will only join if HQ has a job for his Mum

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
This has been absolute amateur hour from the AFL. Goyder would kick his wife to the curb for Gillon, that is how smitten he is.
Richard Goyder is also Chair of QANTAS and recently said that Alan Joyce was the best CEO in Australia by a long way.
Draw your own conclusions from that

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Richard Goyder is also Chair of QANTAS and recently said that Alan Joyce was the best CEO in Australia by a long way.
Draw your own conclusions from that

Goyder seems to have failed corporate governance 101. The chief executive should be reporting to HIM, not the other way around. Simply a low altitude flyer.