Member Reward and Recognition survey | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Member Reward and Recognition survey

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
Has anyone else received the clubs Reward and Recognition survey?

If so, what are your impressions on the questions in the survey?

To me, I got the impression they want/will be scaling back member rewards/recognitions.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Odduna said:
Has anyone else received the clubs Reward and Recognition survey?

If so, what are your impressions on the questions in the survey?

To me, I got the impression they want/will be scaling back member rewards/recognitions.

when did you receive it ?

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
Received Tuesday (9/04).....

As a valued member of our Club, we invite you to complete our survey to help us identify if/how the current products offered in our Reward and Recognition program meet the needs of our long term committed Club members.​

The Reward and Recognition program aims to recognise length of membership by celebrating member milestones and encourages continuous years of membership...

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Odduna said:
Received Tuesday (9/04).....

As a valued member of our Club, we invite you to complete our survey to help us identify if/how the current products offered in our Reward and Recognition program meet the needs of our long term committed Club members.​

The Reward and Recognition program aims to recognise length of membership by celebrating member milestones and encourages continuous years of membership...

Ok , I haven't received it

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Odduna said:

Maybe, although it asked about attendance at any of the now-defunct cocktail parties. There's not a lot they can take off me as a platinum member, but last year's boost in the GF ticket ballot was a welcome improvement.

I thought it was more geared toward potential scaling back of community works.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The Big Richo said:
I hope everyone calls for the return of the cocktail party.

Not me, I prefer a better quality baseball cap.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
i'd like to see them rethink their policies on levels of achievement. i think 10 years for gold is fair. but to wait another 15 years to go to platinum is too long. drop it to 20. and maybe drop life membership to 40 years.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Ian4 said:
i'd like to see them rethink their policies on levels of achievement. i think 10 years for gold is fair. but to wait another 15 years to go to platinum is too long. drop it to 20. and maybe drop life membership to 40 years.

This is the second time recently I've heard a reference to "life" membership. Yellow & black isn't life membership. It gets you guaranteed access to a GF ticket if Richmond's playing, a $50 voucher at the club shop, a morning tea with Benny Gale and a certificate.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
This is the second time recently I've heard a reference to "life" membership. Yellow & black isn't life membership. It gets you guaranteed access to a GF ticket if Richmond's playing, a $50 voucher at the club shop, a morning tea with Benny Gale and a certificate.

https://membership.richmondfc.com.au/member-benefits-3

they must changed the rewards. 50 years used to mean life membership. thats disappointing.

But seeing I'll be platinum next year... Is the superstore voucher an annual thing? or a one off?

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
The Big Richo said:
I hope everyone calls for the return of the cocktail party.

I had back and forth emails with the Club on this topic some time back - and basically they fed me some corporate bullshite

First I was told that we were all advised in 2018 that the Cocktail Party was permanently off the agenda. But I located last years advice and it only announced that the 2018 CP was being cancelled - nothing about 2019 and beyond.

Then they told me that it was member feedback that led them to cancel. I couldn’t quite fathom that but that was the explanation. I always do the end of year surveys and don’t reckon there was any specific question about the CP so I queried how they got this “feedback”

But they insisted that members wanted opportunities to meet the players and get autographs etc and that their preferred option was open training sessions and the pre-season games and the like and not the CP

I cannot imagine many people who regularly attended CP’s over the years would be proactively recommending to the Club that they didn’t want them any more.

If I get one of these latest surveys I’ll certainly be voicing my support for the reinstatement of the annual Cocktail Party

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Ian4 said:
they must changed the rewards. 50 years used to mean life membership. thats disappointing.

But seeing I'll be platinum next year... Is the superstore voucher an annual thing? or a one off?

I'd be disappointed if I was a player who'd given 10+ years' service to the club if they were handing out life memberships to supporters.

Apparently there are vouchers for platinum and gold members, but I don't know anything about them.

Pretty sure you already get a 10% discount on presentation of your membership card.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Received the email and completed the survey. I'm with Baloo, give me a good quality US style baseball cap.

When asked at the end for any suggestions to improve membership value, I told them to hammer the AFL over Ticketek and Ticketmaster and their allocation exhausted and finals tickets fiascos.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
taztiger4 said:
what ? you mean Premiership players or 10 year / 150 games ?

Might be a reference to the 2017 premiership team being made life members. That was hasty.

Edit: I see they've retrospectively admitted all premiership players as life members. That change must've been quite recent.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/club/history/life-members

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Might be a reference to the 2017 premiership team being made life members. That was hasty.

Edit: I see they've retrospectively admitted all premiership players as life members. That change must've been quite recent.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/club/history/life-members

I think it was proposed before we won the flag

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The Big Richo said:
What is more meritorious? A professional athlete working for 10 years or a supporter paying out their hard earned to be a member for 10 years? I'd say the latter.

You seem to be close to the industry, but this is arrant nonsense.