Member Reward and Recognition survey | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Member Reward and Recognition survey

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
When giving feedback on other member offerings I have suggested another social club. I would like a family friendly social club that is open to all members and it also includes the museum.

I would love to be able to take my kids to a social club were I can show them the history and where we can view Punt Road and have a snack and a drink. This would be different to the MRC which would be business as usual.

Another way of looking at is having a museum that is open on match days and during the school holidays.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
MB78 said:
When giving feedback on other member offerings I have suggested another social club. I would like a family friendly social club that is open to all members and it also includes the museum.

I would love to be able to take my kids to a social club were I can show them the history and where we can view Punt Road and have a snack and a drink. This would be different to the MRC which would be business as usual.

Another way of looking at is having a museum that is open on match days and during the school holidays.

Would be great to have the museum open before games and maybe offering snacks and coffee. Is the museum relocated yet and is it open, just looked at the RFC website and the info is well out of date.

I'm looking at going to the first VFLW game this year and it would be great to take in the museum as well. Perfect opportunity to see some old stuff and the club can sell us some memorabilia, food and drink.

DS

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Anyone get the survey from Brendon.

About fundraising for the club.

Has onyone bequeathed anything to the club in their will as this was one of the questions.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
tigers80 said:
Anyone get the survey from Brendon.

About fundraising for the club.

Has onyone bequeathed anything to the club in their will as this was one of the questions.

i found it a bit confronting. More of a fundraising exercise than a survey on our thoughts and ideas that it was purported to be considering it tracked your membership id and then asks whether you would like someone to contact you to discuss your answers

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
tigers80 said:

probably to put the idea in peoples minds. fwiw, I have left something for the RFC in my will.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The Big Richo said:
Why? If they were amateurs I can see the argument but why would people be awarded a life membership just for turning up to their jobs?

Correct me if I've got it wrong, but you're saying 10-year supporters are more worthy life members than 10-year players e.g. Tuck/Foley/Chaffey? No doubt there are a few here who'd agree with you, but it's a ridiculous suggestion.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The Big Richo said:
No, I'm saying neither are worthy and life membership should be based on an exceptional contribution to the club and only awarded very selectively, but if I had to chose who was more worthy, a 10 year player who is an employee of the club or a 10 year member who pays their membership out of their own pocket each year, I reckon the member is.

The club has had 93 ten-year players in its VFL/AFL history and has 100K current members. We ain't special.

This is a silly discussion and I don't want to continue it.