Membership 2021 - What does it look like?.. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Membership 2021 - What does it look like?..

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just hoping to have the same membership next year, and the ability to use it to see games.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Melbourne Victory have changed their membership to an English Premier league style model as they don't know if (or how many) fans can attend games when next season starts.

All members pay a base membership (Category A, B or C) at a much lower price than a regular membership. Then you have to buy tickets on top at roughly half price of face value. If you attend every game, you end up paying about the same amount as the previous season.

If AAMI Park has a 25% or 50% crowd cap due to COVID, tix will sell on a first-in-best-dressed basis.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Melbourne Victory have changed their membership to an English Premier league style model as they don't know if (or how many) fans can attend games when next season starts.

All members pay a base membership (Category A, B or C) at a much lower price than a regular membership. Then you have to buy tickets on top at roughly half price of face value. If you attend every game, you end up paying about the same amount as the previous season.

If AAMI Park has a 25% or 50% crowd cap due to COVID, tix will sell on a first-in-best-dressed basis.

That makes more sense. Split it between Club Membership and then Season Tickets. The Club Membership is supporting the club without expecting anything in return. That for me is a fairer and more realistic way to judge membership numbers. It would also reinforce that all club members are equal as opposed to now where bundling membership with hospitality/coiterie tiers gives the impression that some members are more members than others.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
That makes more sense. Split it between Club Membership and then Season Tickets. The Club Membership is supporting the club without expecting anything in return. That for me is a fairer and more realistic way to judge membership numbers. It would also reinforce that all club members are equal as opposed to now where bundling membership with hospitality/coiterie tiers gives the impression that some members are more members than others.

Yeah agree. I think it can work for footy as well. But fans are traditionally resistant to change.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Spoke with the membership dept, and they’re offering 3 options.
Option 1: pay the same as this year but we will add a whole lot of inner circle stuff and invites
Option 2: get a 50% credit from this year to pay next years membership
Option 3: full refund from this years and pay next years. On this last option my concentration tapered off. It was during grand final week.

They highly recommended Option 2 as we have a family membership in the Premiership Circle.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
25k for the Boxing Day test gives some insight into game day availability for next season.
For blockbusters it's about a 30% chance if it's down to a ballot..if crowds remain capped as expected.
I've renewed but I can see our membership numbers dropping considerably.

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Ugh, it's a tough one. I buy a membership for my father and I each Christmas as it's the best way for us to spend time together during the year. Paid up for both this year but didn't get to see a single game.

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
50 year member this year =.Yellow & Black membership & automatically qualify for GF ticket. Not to be!!!
But WE STILL WON THE FLAG, so I'll gladly accept that as compo.

I pay for my 15 yr old Grandson & 14 mth old Granddaughters memberships. So he's a 14 yr member & seen 3 flags in 4 years & she's a 1 yr & "seen" 2 in 14months.
Pleased to say that they've been kept from the clutches of the black & white filth.

I'll be renewing next year for all 3 of us

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I just got sent a membership card and a statement about how much they will debit from the credit card on December 1. I have it set up for automatic payment and pay all in one go.

I had to ring and change a couple of little things but all that should be fine.

The membership cost is set to the same as for 2020, no discount but no rise.

The membership card has no bar code as they are planning for balloting for entry to games under the assumption that there will be restricted crowds in 2021. This affects me less as I'm a Roaming Tiger member so I book my seats each game and have a ticket anyway (printed for fast entry!).

Not sure what they will do if there are normal crowd sizes, maybe send us an electronic member bar code to walk in. This would have a small effect for me as I can get general admission entry to away games in Melbourne with just the membership card.

So I suppose I'll pay for my membership and my daughter's membership (which now costs more as she won't be a student any more, no concession membership for her now) and see what happens closer to next year's season.

DS

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
I just got sent a membership card and a statement about how much they will debit from the credit card on December 1. I have it set up for automatic payment and pay all in one go.

I had to ring and change a couple of little things but all that should be fine.

The membership cost is set to the same as for 2020, no discount but no rise.

The membership card has no bar code as they are planning for balloting for entry to games under the assumption that there will be restricted crowds in 2021. This affects me less as I'm a Roaming Tiger member so I book my seats each game and have a ticket anyway (printed for fast entry!).

Not sure what they will do if there are normal crowd sizes, maybe send us an electronic member bar code to walk in. This would have a small effect for me as I can get general admission entry to away games in Melbourne with just the membership card.

So I suppose I'll pay for my membership and my daughter's membership (which now costs more as she won't be a student any more, no concession membership for her now) and see what happens closer to next year's season.

DS
Same. Membership for 2021 the same price as 2020.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
At a time when we're cost-cutting it seems ridiculous to mail out 100,000 member packs with plastic cards that don't have barcodes to get you into games that may not allow crowds anyway.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I reckon we are cost-cutting the football department mainly, this comes from the soft cap restrictions.

The cards wouldn't cost much and my thinking is they will make more out of it this way as more people will feel obliged to renew.

Difficult circumstances and I'm sure all clubs are feeling their way as so much is unknown in relation to 2021, not least whether and how large crowds will be.

My biggest disappointment is that this is likely to set back the redevelopment of Punt Rd. I'd love to see a nice new facility at Punt Rd and we can have a lit up display of our premiership cups facing one of the busiest roads in Melbourne with a giant Tigers logo lit up above it.

DS

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
At a time when we're cost-cutting it seems ridiculous to mail out 100,000 member packs with plastic cards that don't have barcodes to get you into games that may not allow crowds anyway.
I reckon those cards are our membership cards for 2021, we wont be issued cards with barcodes as likely will be a ballot system for entry & you would ( I assume ) be emailed your ticket/ barcode for entry

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I reckon those cards are our membership cards for 2021, we wont be issued cards with barcodes as likely will be a ballot system for entry & you would ( I assume ) be emailed your ticket/ barcode for entry
What's the point of having a blank useless piece of plastic when they're going digital with game access anyway?