Membership 2021 - What does it look like?.. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Membership 2021 - What does it look like?..

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
So from the crows game if you have a reserved seat, its already in your account.

Reserved areas have to log in to ticketek and purchase a $0 seat for each home game at the moment.

I'd personally like RFC to just allocate me a seat, maybe the one I had before it became unallocated seating.

Something to do each Tuesday I guess.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Nice of the AFL as part of my AFL membership to just make contact alerting me that in regards to Dreamtime. ..
"We have secured a special discounted ticket offer for AFL Members to attend the match"

Very nice ... I can get in for $40

Is leaving home and flying to Perth one of the new reasons to leave home....? No mention of paying the fine, quarantining for a couple of weeks and more than likely fronting court in WA!

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
On the proviso games and crowds return to Melbourne for the rest of the season when this outbreak ends… does anyone believe we should receive entry to a replacement game? Perhaps we can receive free entry rights into a nominated away game to make up for losing the home game against Adelaide? Normally I wouldn’t care about missing out on 1 game, but most of us paid full membership for zero games last year. I think it would be good PR from the club.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
The quality of this years scarf is terrible! Cost cutting I get... but surely some level of quality is important!

it’s that cheaply made I don’t think I’d wear it...
Agree with you about the quality - they're quite poor, and definitely not premier standard!!

I rang the membership department querying why they'd dropped off recognition of loyalty with items.

I was told they'd NEVER recognised length of membership in past years.

So, i sent them a photo of my 2010 members' scarf with Gold Member emblazoned on it!

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
On the proviso games and crowds return to Melbourne for the rest of the season when this outbreak ends… does anyone believe we should receive entry to a replacement game? Perhaps we can receive free entry rights into a nominated away game to make up for losing the home game against Adelaide? Normally I wouldn’t care about missing out on 1 game, but most of us paid full membership for zero games last year. I think it would be good PR from the club.
i asked the question about a replacement game to richmond on twitter no response

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, the membership pack was a bit underwhelming this year, not even a lanyard.

I have found dealing with issues that the staff have been very helpful, but they need to just add a little to the stuff they send us for being a member - nothing expensive just a bit more to keep people interested.

I know 2021 was messy but I hope they bring back the lanyard and fixture fridge magnet back.

What do Essendon send?

DS
I went online to redeem my voucher for a scarf, and found I would be charged $9.95 for postage. Putting aside the current lockdown, why can’t we pick them up at the game, either from the shop or a membership booth at the ground? That’s what’s happened previously.

It’s not a lot of money, but it irritates me, especially when we’re paying our memberships and not seeing games. Our shop is at the ground we play at; many members walk past it on game day, so collection is convenient. At least give us the option - you can pay for postage if that’s your choice.

I told my WBD partner, and he couldn’t believe it.

I think getting people into the shop makes them more likely to buy more than going online, too!

Last edited:

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I think getting people into the shop makes them more likely to buy more than going online, too!
Got to ground early before Bulldogs game, so went into shop for a look with the daughters, then $160 later wandered over to the G to watch the game.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We need 58 more members to break our 2019 record.
Not bad considering we are going through a pandemic and many have lost jobs.
Great effort by all.
Pity the media has its head in the sand.
When Collingwood were breaking records in the late 2000's and 2010's it was front page news.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's an incredible effort. The majority of Tiger members have backed their club in a time of need as they should.
No brainer though really given the joy they've given us.

Reactions: 4 users

bowee

Tiger Rookie
Sep 6, 2007
I queried the lack of recognition for hitting 25 years in March and was told - "Your loyalty to stick with us through thick and thin is something that will definitely be recognised in more than a membership card. Throughout the year we organise platinum exclusive events that you will be invited to. However, with Covid they are still to be confirmed. Once we have more information we will definitely be in contact with you"

obviously I have heard nothing since, cheers

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Membership renewal for my reserved seat just came through - I'm sure I'm in the minority but I'm stunned that we are getting slugged full fees for 2022 off the back of 2021 and 2020. I've been to less than a handful of games due to COVID - but have trumped up over $2000 over the past two years for the privilege. Richmond, the AFL and presumably all AFL clubs are literally banking on our blind loyalty and support, without giving an inch - I actually think it stinks. I do know its my choice, but it shouldn't come to that.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Membership renewal for my reserved seat just came through - I'm sure I'm in the minority but I'm stunned that we are getting slugged full fees for 2022 off the back of 2021 and 2020. I've been to less than a handful of games due to COVID - but have trumped up over $2000 over the past two years for the privilege. Richmond, the AFL and presumably all AFL clubs are literally banking on our blind loyalty and support, without giving an inch - I actually think it stinks. I do know its my choice, but it shouldn't come to that.

my membership is up from $555 last year to $590 in 2022, which calculates to a 6.3% increase. i'm a bit miffed tbh.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Has anyone been offered any refund or discount on 2022 membership?
Its not right to not be offered some kind of refund on 2021 membership or discount on 2022 membership after missing out on so many games in 2021

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep, I understand times are tough but offering members no discount for this year and last is not good. Might be a good time to start pinging their social media accounts and telling them why we aren't renewing.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
my membership is up from $555 last year to $590 in 2022, which calculates to a 6.3% increase. i'm a bit miffed tbh.
Same, all 4 memberships in family gone up $10 each. Been to 3 games in 2 years. Not feeling the love.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Same, all 4 memberships in family gone up $10 each. Been to 3 games in 2 years. Not feeling the love.
Need to start calling our club and asking questions
They seem to think that everyone will not question increase and just cop it
All AFL clubs should have reduced membership fees for 2022 after members missed so many games in 2021

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
And digital bloody ticketing is here to stay, even for reserved seat members like me. This is just a way the AFL and clubs can gouge more money out of us. If we don’t go through the Ticketek palarva each week they will on sell ‘our paid for seat’ to the next mug. Plus you will need to book a week or days in advance. No spur of the moment choices anymore folks.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
And digital bloody ticketing is here to stay, even for reserved seat members like me. This is just a way the AFL and clubs can gouge more money out of us. If we don’t go through the Ticketek palarva each week they will on sell ‘our paid for seat’ to the next mug. Plus you will need to book a week or days in advance. No spur of the moment choices anymore folks.

That sucks, we need to get General Admission back. Maybe 2022 is too unsure at the moment, but once we are clear of COVID restrictions GA and reserved seats are just that, reserved for the whole season, need to come back.

The AFL would prefer the control of all seats being pre-booked but we have to fight back.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

I actually don’t mind this. it basically means unused seats can be sold. It’s the right thing to do when you have 100,000 members.