Membership packs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Membership packs.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We ended up doing our. The girls didn't get anything other than the barcoded ticket from the specific pack, they opted out and used their credit to get personalised wireless phone chargers (they might stop using mine now haha).
That option was good for us.

Btw TBH you are right, we spent an additional $15 over our $150 credit, thats for 3 of us. Lets say everyone did the same, and paid an extra $5 / membership, with 100k members that an additional $500k of revenue. Good marketing strategy IMO.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I had $100 credit with an AFL and AFLW membership, I didn't spend $100. So, there's income from those who spend more and savings from those who spend less.

Good marketing.

DS

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I had $100 credit with an AFL and AFLW membership, I didn't spend $100. So, there's income from those who spend more and savings from those who spend less.

Good marketing.

DS

Your call (to not use the credit) - hardly the Clubs fault.
Suppose you can consider it a donation.
It‘s a bit like being given a $100 Bunnings gift card - buying something for $30 - and deciding never to spend the rest.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Its fiddly for sure.... but ultimately with my 2 memberships received my scarf with the consecutive years badge (29 years), a cap and the plastic cards WITH barcodes - haleluya!!! I will not have to interact on the members portal till this time next year. And the next online ticket purchase is for finals tickets in early September (we all hope)

The stickers look like they have a matte finish... either that or they will disintegrate after a week in the sun.

fightingfury88

Tiger Cub
Nov 22, 2011
Bendigo
I still haven't received anything. Anyone else?
I haven't received my login/credit details for member rewards either.

I emailed the club late last week and below is the response I received:

"Thank you for your email.
We had a few issues in the original rollout.
You should receive the email over the weekend to log in and redeem your member items."

Nothing received over the weekend email wise, but hopefully not far away.

Reactions: 1 users

Singapore Tiger

Singapore Tiger - now resident in Amsterdam
Mar 5, 2009
I see people talking about caps? I don't see any option for a cap on my rewards page.

I could obviously get the core pack of scarf, lanyard, card etc but the other stuff looks like a waste of time to me. I count 23 options none of which really appeal.

I'd happily use it to get something for my son but the "junior" options are of no interest at all - pillow, socks, jigsaw etc...:rolleyes:

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I got a scarf with patch, barcoded ticket and lanyard.
Both kids got pillow cases, Doorknob things, socks, pencil cases and something else. They were very excited.

My daughter got told they need to write a report on an animal this week, the day after the merchandise arrived. She naturally chose a Tiger.

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
Still waiting for mine. Haven't heard boo since I did my selections. Does the club send an email when they dispatch it?

bowee

Tiger Rookie
Sep 6, 2007
Being an AFL member, I look forward to hearing nothing until March and then to be given one barcode between myself and my son

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
FYI - Got an email from the Club yesterday saying "Your membership pack is on its way"
There's a tracking number provided and this confirms it's been dispatched.
An update:

Nothing!!!

The tracking info actually shows the item was received on Nov 14th
Tracking still says it is due to be delivered on Dec 1st - but obviously that’s well and truly passed.

Pretty poor really

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Still waiting for mine. Haven't heard boo since I did my selections. Does the club send an email when they dispatch
My pack has just arrived.
Did not get an email, but that is OK.
Problem with the bumper sticker though.
Not sticky, so how does one attached it to the rear car window?
Peeled the backing off and there is only a paper covering.

Last edited:

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Just arrived this morning.
2 things.
The gum (from the card attchment to the glossy cardboard) is impossible to remove.
Tried for about 20 mins and there is still gum attached to the back of the card.
Did anyone get the phone charger?
Can't get it to work. At all. $30 down the tubes.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
2 things.
The gum (from the card attchment to the glossy cardboard) is impossible to remove.
Tried for about 20 mins and there is still gum attached to the back of the card.

Mines apparently on its way so I'll test the phone chargers out when we receive them.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
2 things.
Had the same problem withe sticky bit on the membership card.
Tried for ages to get it off and have given up.
Got most of it off now though, but not all.
Very poor marketing.
Emailed the club re the bumper sticker but no reply as yet.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Mine came today, looked like it had been packed by the least interested person ever but the stuff was all there.

Be aware the drink bottle is more like a travel cup, but ironically the travel cup is pretty good. :ROFLMAO:

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Got 2 caps but the patches came separate? Have a paper backing on them. Are they supposed to be iron on or sew on. Caps are made out of polyester I guess so iron on would be interesting.