Membership survey July 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Membership survey July 2020

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Just completed the current emailed survey, the bulk of which covers what I consider to be mostly very ugly membership options for 2021.

e.g.

ts7VB9g.jpg

Obviously these are not finalised options and the survey merely seeks feedback, however a lot of them seem to be seeking top dollar for fewer than 11 games.

Very noticeable that there were no questions as to attitudes towards membership fees for the current season.

I sincerely hope the traditional 11 and 16/17 game memberships will continue to be offered at traditional prices. If the AFL and clubs used COVID as an excuse to step up to overseas price levels, especially on the back of members opting to leave everything in without attending a game in 2020, I'd most likely become a TV supporter.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geez, my answer would be that I just want to continue to have what I currently have. Roaming Tiger suits me as I like the spot behind the goals and I don't mind reserving seats as I go.

Wonder what they are up to.

DS

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Got the same survey, and was underwhelmed with options. Club could go very qucikly from 100K to not many if these are the genuine options.
Hopefully my membership has been hacked, and this is a scam, and not legitimately from the club.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
You would hope they are some random selections, to try to gauge people's priorities with membership and price tolerance, rather than potential options.

At present i pay about $700 for a reserved seating area to all home games (except the Pies), priority finals tickets and a guaranteed GF ticket.
The only final i have missed since 2013 is the Lions game last year, and would like to keep it that way. (excluding this year obviously.)

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Looking at some of them options and I'm thinking my AFL membership is not so bad after all. Glad I just put it 'to sleep' today and didn't trash it completely!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Survey emanated from [email protected]. Not sure what the criteria are for receiving it. I'm just a regular platinum member with general admission to Melbourne games & no reserved seat.

"The COVID-19 pandemic has forced changes to the way the AFL and AFL clubs operate in the future. As we look ahead to what memberships may look like in 2021 and beyond, we are seeking your help to inform the development of next year's membership packages."

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
L2R2R, they're after you, that survey is an AFL phishing scam!

If it's a scam then they got me. Very elaborate.

Says down the bottom "You are receiving this email because you have subscribed to 'AFL Research'". Don't know what AFL Research is and don't recall subscribing to it.

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
If this survey truly reflects the potential direction the club is considering, then I wonder how many members who have called the club and taken the option of a credit for next year's membership (due to covid) are going to feel. I would assume they would feel like the goal posts have been moved. Club better tread carefully here.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Research? Never heard of them. Wonder if that was some clause buried somewhere in an agreement none of us read when we signed up as members, or signed up for something else. Interesting it appears to come from the AFL not the club.

I figure the club will be looking to find out what the members want and/or expect. But they would also be mindful that none of us has any idea what can be offered for 2021, can they offer any sort of entry to games in Victoria? Who knows.

The AFL phishing scam line was actually a dig at the AFL ;)

DS

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Has anyone spoken to the club about this survey?

We have 5 members in the family and nobody received it.

The screen shots above look shocking - how does the $900 option have worse access to finals than the $300 option?

Either someone at the club or the AFL has completely mis-read the room, or its just a shocking survey - particularly in the middle of 100,000 members with less than 1% who have asked for a refund during a season of no value.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Think it was an AFL survey distributed by the clubs through association with Ticketmaster.

There were ten such pages of three options, with 'I would not renew' as a fourth choice. Not all were equally unappealing - I answered 'would not renew' to approx. 5 of them. It seemed to me an odd methodology.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I missed the survey altogether.

Really disagree with the options above. I've lowered my membership level to a few games the past couple of years due to a young family. However have kept my years of service up to try make sure my finals access isn't compromised.

The above proposals are basically putting that in the bin.

I'd be selecting Option 4.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

The screen shots above look shocking - how does the $900 option have worse access to finals than the $300 option?

Either someone at the club or the AFL has completely mis-read the room, or its just a shocking survey - particularly in the middle of 100,000 members with less than 1% who have asked for a refund during a season of no value.
I have a vague memory doing this but quite a few weeks ago For AFL membership. The incongruities in the options are quite deliberate. Seems to be professionally designed survey with intention to sift out what are the driving features of membership package and what are nice to haves but not deal breakers. Outcome is that the real packages offer just enough value for a member to buy but does not overload Club in commitments that members are benign about.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Apparently the clubs have been briefed that there is a very good chance 2021 crowds are likely to be highly restricted so there will be a fair bit of scrambling going on in membership departments I'd imagine.

A restricted MCG? I love going to the footy. Love it. Who doesn't?
However if social distancing is the way forward with truckloads of strings attached(masks, seating etc.), it becomes less appealing to sit in the outer. :confused:
Next year is a real test for the AFL & it's clubs.