Men Behaving Badly | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Men Behaving Badly

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
This whole episode sounds like really dodgy business, but domestic trouble most likely explanantion.
I was amazed to see in the media recently that the Aints are actually still paying part of his salary at the Moggies.
Firstly, so the moggs mustn't rate their star recruit so highly if they wouldn't even match his contract deal, even though they had bucket-loads to throw at Kelly. Clearly don't rate him in the same ball-park despite how much they have touted what a recruiting coup. I know he's much older but surely the Aints didn't have him on overs by that much.
But secondly, that just says a lot about the Aints. Probably paying him beyond his worth ... and delighted to off-load him, despite the cost and the PR job of deploring what a loss he was to their hopes and plans!
Will be interesting to follow where this ends up with JS.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I was amazed to see in the media recently that the Aints are actually still paying part of his salary at the Moggies.
Pretty standard for any club who trades someone under a decent contract to pay some of the wages. Those trades are almost always made because the player isn't in a good place at the previous club, so to get some salary cap relief it's often best to trade out and cut the margin, like we did with Deledio.

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Pretty standard for any club who trades someone under a decent contract to pay some of the wages. Those trades are almost always made because the player isn't in a good place at the previous club, so to get some salary cap relief it's often best to trade out and cut the margin, like we did with Deledio.
Yes and just like Lids with us, great servant though he had been, it reached a point where the club realised it was a case of, 'If you're not totally with us, then you're virtually against us.'
Doubt it's going to end so well for the Aints though but they clearly wanted to be rid of him. As for the moggs, might be a source of more salinity down that way - which I don't mind at all.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Chimp's Love of the Tiger
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Not sure now why he included the “If you need help call Lifeline or Beyond Blue“ tag yesterday.
To be fair, this should be a standard feature at the end of every one of Robbo's articles. Anyone who actually makes it to the end of one would be in dire need of the aforesaid services.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Gilbert McAdam arrested for allegedly assaulting a woman in St Kilda.

The_General

Be the reason someone believes in the good people.
May 4, 2004
Today’s article by Robbo says “It is understood police have come to the conclusion the incident was not the result of self harm or a random event”. Not sure now why he included the “If you need help call Lifeline or Beyond Blue“ tag yesterday.
I haven't read the article, but its pretty standard practice for any article where depression is mentioned/alluded to, even if its a historical case the media add that tag line. Not just for football or sports articles.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Geelong are punching on with EVERYONE.
People say we destroyed Adelaide Football Club, but i actually believe Geelong are on the same path.
Scott is no better then Pkye.
The Arrogance of the players are similiar Walker/ Dangerfield.
Plastic Footballers like lynch McKay, Jenkins and Atkins match the duds at Geelong, Stanley, Rohan, Patsons, Henderson & Zac Guthrie.

Reactions: 2 users

ARCHYBOY

Tiger Superstar
Mar 30, 2010
Little River
Hey boys and girls,
Long time no post, hope everyone is well and battling through.
Got the mail today on what happened with Jack Stevens, quite a humorous story and my god that bloke is a twit, if anyone claims people should go easy on him because of the “mental” side of things, they are kidding themselves.
Let’s say it’s a “Domestic Violence” issue and the reason he won’t talk is because if he does, the story will get out why he got stabbed and he’ll look like the twit he is.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Hey boys and girls,
Long time no post, hope everyone is well and battling through.
Got the mail today on what happened with Jack Stevens, quite a humorous story and my god that bloke is a twit, if anyone claims people should go easy on him because of the “mental” side of things, they are kidding themselves.
Let’s say it’s a “Domestic Violence” issue and the reason he won’t talk is because if he does, the story will get out why he got stabbed and he’ll look like the twit he is.
Self inflicted?