Menadue to Freo

Don’t Argue

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 22, 2019
Ellis, Lambert, Edwards always top 3 in our 2klm runs.
Time for Menadue to stand up and stake his claim before others do

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Connor Menadue is just about to hit his straps.

We will probably get a 3rd rounder but he is worth more than that to us.

His Speed + Endurance + Consistency is on the up up and up.

I really hope he chooses to stay and reward us for the patience and money we have invested in him.

Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Chimp's Love of the Tiger
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
If he leaves its to chase greater opportunity rather than us pushing him out. With Ellis gone, a spot has opened up and I would love to see Menadue stake a claim on that through some solid work in the pre season. He's capable of stepping up, just needs to back himself in

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I'd like to keep all of our blokes, but the reality is that some fringe players will have to leave to get a go. Who do we drop from the Premiership 22 to fit Rance, Stack and Graham back in?

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I think we need to keep Mena. I still think he has a future, with lots of vital AFL traits: hard running at speed, evasive abilties, strong kicking skills and fine on his left foot, capable mark, goal-scorer.
Losing Ellis and probably Butler makes it problematic if KMac and Mena go as well. Must keep one of the latter two even for depth, but club is reluctant to stand in their way if greater opportunity beckons.

Letsroar

Tiger Matchwinner
May 19, 2014
Would like to keep but expect that greater opportunities for him at Freo

Would like to see us trade him plus a couple of the picks around 40 for pick 7. Just to hear the outcry from Damien Barrett

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
maybe thats a hint that we might be doing a bit of a cap dump?
I believe this is where we are at, and we are quietly dealing with it.

Lynch in, Bolton, Baker, Stack Pickett Balta CCJ Saldo all on more money

Something has to give, and that has been so far

LLoyd, Ellis, Ellis, Miles, Grigg all out, and Menadue, Mcintosh all encouraged to explore opportunities

Looks to me like we cant have $300k players in the reserves while we have all these stars and young stars coming through

Can't see us getting anyone in through the door on significant money for a while

deedee

Tiger Rookie
Sep 12, 2011
I believe this is where we are at, and we are quietly dealing with it.

Lynch in, Bolton, Baker, Stack Pickett Balta CCJ Saldo all on more money

Something has to give, and that has been so far

LLoyd, Ellis, Ellis, Miles, Grigg all out, and Menadue, Mcintosh all encouraged to explore opportunities

Looks to me like we cant have $300k players in the reserves while we have all these stars and young stars coming through

Can't see us getting anyone in through the door on significant money for a while
I'd have thought Menadue would be a lot closer to the minimum wage than $300k

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I think people underestimate how much these kids are on these days. Its not 1985. Mena has re-signed with club on a few occasions now. His salary isn't standing still. He's be around 250k for sure. Minimum wage is your 2nd - 3rd rd picks that aren't renewed over the summer or rookie picks... which even then is rare.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I think people underestimate how much these kids are on these days. Its not 1985. Mena has re-signed with club on a few occasions now. His salary isn't standing still. He's be around 250k for sure. Minimum wage is your 2nd - 3rd rd picks that aren't renewed over the summer or rookie picks... which even then is rare.
Minimum wage for a player beyond their second year is 100k. Average player wage is 371k.The average wage is highly skewed by the top earners with most players at or around the 100k mark. Menedue would be no exception.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
My problem with Conor is that I don’t see where he fits in our team which why I think he will seek other opportunities. The way our team is structured now logically he can only look at Baker or short’s spot. Our wingers are defensive bulky players like Caddy or McIntosh and he doesn’t have the running endurance to replace Ellis. Small forward, get in the queue. Mid, get in the queue.
If he is happy to be a depth player then I am happy for him to stay but he probably won’t be

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I don't really have a problem keeping MenAreDue for cheap.

But I have Eggs well in front of him in the line-up for a HBF.

Reactions: 4 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
My problem with Conor is that I don’t see where he fits in our team which why I think he will seek other opportunities. The way our team is structured now logically he can only look at Baker or short’s spot. Our wingers are defensive bulky players like Caddy or McIntosh and he doesn’t have the running endurance to replace Ellis. Small forward, get in the queue. Mid, get in the queue.
If he is happy to be a depth player then I am happy for him to stay but he probably won’t be
Actually Sin Menadue has a massive tank ( and can sprint at 34 kmh ) one of the reasons he was drafted.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Actually Sin Menadue has a massive tank ( and can sprint at 34 kmh ) one of the reasons he was drafted.
Yes, exactly. That's why he must be included in the mix to replace BEllis as a mostly outside runner, assuming Butler will go. Mena has more value moving forward.

tigermike

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 6, 2014
Mena is the ideal tall, quick wingman with lots of endurance but the game is not athletics, it's football. A tall wingman who can take contested marks would be useful to us but his CM stats are woeful. He's been with us for 5 years and how much improvement have we seen in skills, desire, toughness, etc.? Just doesn't quite have what it takes to be a tough, hungry footballer for the AFL. Useful seconds player so if someone else wants him then he should try his luck elsewhere.

Last edited: