Merchandise | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Merchandise

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
My daughter showed me a richmond hoodie which said "real women like football, smart women like the richmond football club". I wanted to get her one for Christmas, but can't find it in the online store. Anyone know where I can get one?

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
tigermouseau said:
My daughter showed me a richmond hoodie which said "real women like football, smart women like the richmond football club". I wanted to get her one for Christmas, but can't find it in the online store. Anyone know where I can get one?
I asked our merch manager and he said we never have supplied a shirt like this, and they're mostly commonly seen in ads on Facebook by companies that don't use any club IP.

PJ in Osaka

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 25, 2012
Osaka Japan
I need some more Richmond merch. As far as I've seen no one is representing in Japan. Christmas is coming!!! Is international shipping available from the club or should I organise it personally?

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
PJ in Osaka said:
I need some more Richmond merch. As far as I've seen no one is representing in Japan. Christmas is coming!!! Is international shipping available from the club or should I organise it personally?
International shipping isnt a problem at all. New BLK range should launch in the next few days hopefully.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
RFC_Official said:
I asked our merch manager and he said we never have supplied a shirt like this, and they're mostly commonly seen in ads on Facebook by companies that don't use any club IP.

What a shame, but thanks for your reply.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
2015blkhero.jpg

Check it out
http://shop.richmondfc.com.au/2015-kit/

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Thanks Stig. But how can you be out of certain sizes in the lids training tops already ?

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
Baloo said:
Thanks Stig. But how can you be out of certain sizes in the lids training tops already ?
The stock hasnt all havent fully arrived yet which has been frustrating to say the least. More stick is coming, but we wanted to get something online this week.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I am logging into the Superstore site but the members discounted prices don't seem to be coming up on the site and the checkout.

Will the discount come off when I pay or is the site glitched for the moment?

Waiting to order the 2015 BLK gym shorts - they look awesome, along with the 2015 polos - big upgrade from the 2014 ones.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
SkillzThatKillz said:
I am logging into the Superstore site but the members discounted prices don't seem to be coming up on the site and the checkout.

Will the discount come off when I pay or is the site glitched for the moment?

Waiting to order the 2015 BLK gym shorts - they look awesome, along with the 2015 polos - big upgrade from the 2014 ones.

You're definitely logged in?
If it's still not working, give us a call and we'll sort it out. (03) 9426 4439

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
Just received a New Era snap back for my son's xmas and I must say how disappointed I am in the Chinese made quality of the cap in comparison to the US made caps. What's that all about. I'm pretty sure when RFC began selling New Era caps they were US made. When did the club start selling cheap Chinese versions at the same price?

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
It's also a bit sneaky to not mention the caps are Chinese made and not US made on the shop site, because I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

Also interesting is that I contacted the club shop, which is not actually run by the club but by a company called Infinite Retail Pty Ltd, and they have no answers, except to say I should be inconvenienced by sending the crappy quality cap back for a refund. They don't have to be transparent and actually inform the customer where the item is made. I don't think that is good enough. I asked to speak to someone in charge to no avail, and as if to confirm their lack of transparency with the people whose money they are taking, they refused to give me the details of the CEO, David Tucker. However, I did find him on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=47951222&authType=name&authToken=7SQ9&goback=

Very interesting bio.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm a bit confused, and probably too old to be part of the truckers cap scene, but I don't see what the club did wrong here. Are these New Era caps or chinese knock-off look-alike caps? From that link you gave New Are themselves manufacture caps wither in the US or China so if they are made in China they could still be New Era caps right ?

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
Baloo said:
I'm a bit confused, and probably too old to be part of the truckers cap scene, but I don't see what the club did wrong here. Are these New Era caps or chinese knock-off look-alike caps? From that link you gave New Are themselves manufacture caps wither in the US or China so if they are made in China they could still be New Era caps right ?
The problem isn't with the club now that the running of the shop is done by an outside source. I just want transparency. As you said, both caps are made by New Era, in the US and China, but the difference in quality is obvious. If I'm paying $50 I would prefer the US made cap which is of a much better quality. If I had known, I would have bought something else. TBH, the chinese made BLK caps are better (much) quality than the NE caps. Buyer beware, eh?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Club's shop, club's name, club's brand, I reckon it is their concern and problem.

If you knew New Era caps were made in the US and China, why didn't you ring the club and ask them where they were made before buying it ? I still don't see what the club's SuperStore has done wrong here.

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
When the club originally started selling them, they were made in the US, so I assumed it was the case until the one I purchased arrived this morning. To my dismay, the quality seemed a bit crappy and I that's when I noticed the made in China sticker.

BTW, you wouldn't have to ring the club for clarification if they were transparent enough to include the info on the site, which I was also told, they have no obligation to do.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Premiership aside, am not normally a big merchandise buyer, but was taken with the quality of the Woolmark "Fibre of Football" gear. As such I'm well stocked for scarves and beanies for awhile...

iCcaYAU.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

KiwiTig

Tiger Superstar
Dec 27, 2007
Williamstown
Puma gear popped up in my feed with free express shipping. Thought maybe get a new hoodie. Only youth sizes and S available. Fail on their part. You would have thought they would have been prepared.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
All my other interactions with the club this year have been exemplary, but I'm going to have a little swipe after a few recent things have irked me.

1. Bought some stuff from the club store. Asked whether the total included the member discount and was told there was no discount on the premiership stuff. OK, but Dusty's book is stretching the definition about as far as it can go. If the 10% member discount has been scrapped, just say so.

2. Was informed the store had no plastic bags, and would I like a plastic Tigers bag for $3? Not really, I already have a couple from Coles, but since I have to lug this stuff with my laptop halfway across town to work... alright then.

3. Automatic debit for next year's membership. After numerous past phone calls and emails about this and being assured it couldn't happen again, it did. I expect this from *smile* clubs who are desperate to retain members. I've been a member for 30 years, you'll get my money, taking it without my express approval must be bordering on illegal.

Just a few little signs that the club is viewing its supporters as revenue streams. My message for the current custodians is, don't ever forget where this club came from.

Reactions: 1 user