Mid season draft. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid season draft.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Brimmy said:
We’ve now got the Culture/Support to embrace a Marlion Pickett

He’s an A Grade Midfielder.

I’ll be disappointed if he’s on the Board come our Pick and we go for a Vanilla nobody.

We don’t need a 2nd rate ruckman,we’ve put 5 years development into Soldo let’s give him his chance to shine.

If it goes Titts up wheel Mabior in its time we found out whether he’s going to make the grade,anyway.
Completely agree.

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Harry said:
Pickett hasn't played a game is he ready to go?
This year,Next year,Marlion Pickett is Sydney Stack on Steroids.

We could use him in the Midfield,he’s ready made,but personally I’d like to see him on Houli’s flank.

Just imagine Pickett on one flank,Stack on the other.Opposition small forwards would get a crick in their neck checking where our hard hitting Flankers are.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I was surprised that Mitch Grigg hasnt been talked up more and just looked at the nominee list and discovered he didn't nominate. Articles from last year saying he wasn't keen on the mid season draft, wanted to continue long term with Norwood, saying he wasnt good enough at AFL level last time so why would he be now.

Seems jaded with the AFL system but I would have thought in a better AFL environment, outside his home state, he could have been a chance to develop. Has the tools, ball winning ability and a legal shoe.

Filthy Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 10, 2014
Brimmy said:
This year,Next year,Marlion Pickett is Sydney Stack on Steroids.

We could use him in the Midfield,he’s ready made,but personally I’d like to see him on Houli’s flank.

Just imagine Pickett on one flank,Stack on the other.Opposition small forwards would get a crick in their neck checking where our hard hitting Flankers are.

"However The Age understands the Suns are highly unlikely to take Pickett later this month. The Bombers have, however, spoken to Pickett in recent weeks, with Richmond also linked to the player, who has also been used as a running defender."

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
TOT70 said:
I'm not so fussed about another ruckman. I would prefer either a big-bodied mid or a high-marking key back, someone who can has the aerial ability to go with the likes of Cox and various other resting rucks up forward. I am getting sick of teams bombing it in high to dills like Rory Lobb who then complete an easy mark. Surely, this is our biggest threat.

Surely, somewhere there is State League defender who can match it with these tall spuds. They are hardly Plugger Lockett.

Agree totally. Key tall should be our number 1 target
Then with the 2nd pick Mitch Grigg would be nice..

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
DirtyDogTiger said:
Let’s draft Tom Boyd.
Why did he retire?
Brain fart issues.

Seems to be heaps of players struggling to cope between the ears with everything that AFL footy entails these days.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Pickett now chased by Essendon,
Hopefully he can tell them to Poff and come to us.
If we cant get him we should take that huge 26 year old ruckman from SA..

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
My wish is a ready to go inside mid, and a take a punt on young key position player who didn't get picked up in last years draft, like a Mayo or O'Reilly.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I”lol take a key defender thanks. We saw what happened against the dogs without one. Some nobody looked like the second coming of Carey

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Have we got 1 Pick OR 2 ???

We should target Mids,can never have too many.

I trust Matty Clarke to get it right,it’s not as if he’s got first pick,so it will depend what’s left on the board.

Hope it’s Marlion Pickett.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I believe we’ve got pick 10. I imagine Pickett will be gone by then.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
The club apparently has some interest in Eastern Ranges winger/flanker Cody Hirst.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/four-afl-clubs-vying-for-services-of-cody-hirst-in-midseason-draft-reports-tom-morris/news-story/827ecd5665b2cda5045fab5a0bbd1d8e

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
None of us had ross on our radar and some thought he was a missed opportunity ,but our recruiters proved hes a gem,our long term inside mid with size,so who knows what will come from our pick,a more experienced skilled mid type or a young player capable of playing this year wouldnt surprise me,our recruiters have killed it last few years,to the point that many judges rate the tigers the best young players in the afl,exciting that we have built up so many capable youngsters while challenging for a flag.