Midfield Depth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Midfield Depth

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008
spook said:
When one has weighed the sun in the balance, and measured the steps of the moon, and mapped out the seven heavens, there still remains oneself. Who can calculate the orbit of his own soul?

Heads-up: it's anyway. Only Americans say anyways.
;)

Are you sure you are on the write site? you passing the qote off as your own or should we all know who said it?

Agree with the colonel you're attitude is just like that twerp umpire

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
spook said:
Collingwood's midfield is a pack of second to the ball, first to the tackle lurkers and spillage sweepers. Loose ball gets are contested possessions - Swan gets lots of loose ball. Good player gets it, Collingwood Lurker A tackles him, ball spills to Lurker B who handballs to Lurker C who gets credited with a clearance.

Speaking of midfield depth, the run of Varcoe and Wojo was massive tonight. Good changes. Corey can do Mackie's job better than him and dare I say it, Lonergan is important. Tomahawk doesn't have to do much to be more effective than Blake, and he succeeded in that. If Ottens can play as much time as Jolly the Cats will be happy. I hope they smash the Social Climbers, the question is if their handball and risk taking can stand up to the lurking. It will be a victory for football if it can.

That's some awesome mythbusting there, spook.

And I agree totally about a victory for football. If Thompson is prepared to tweak their game it might pay to see how the Pies go with a bit of a mauling, a bit of second to the ball game plan. I know Wellingham will be slow to get up and Pendlebury will get out of the way.

Big Cat Lover said:
Are you sure you are on the write site? you passing the qote off as your own or should we all know who said it?

Agree with the colonel you're attitude is just like that twerp umpire

I just googled that one, BCL. Turns out it's an Oscar Wilde quote - hence italicised. Every thread bagging Collingwood should have one.

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008
Dyer'ere said:

And I agree totally about a victory for football. If Thompson is prepared to tweak their game it might pay to see how the Pies go with a bit of a mauling, a bit of second to the ball game plan. I know Wellingham will be slow to get up and Pendlebury will get out of the way.

I just googled that one, BCL. Turns out it's an Oscar Wilde quote - hence italicised. Every thread bagging Collingwood should have one.

Not quite sure what Wilde knew about football, would have thrived under the Blight style of attractive football though

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Big Cat Lover said:
Not quite sure what Wilde knew about football, would have thrived under the Blight style of attractive football though

:hihi

I believe he showed neat skills at his local Belfastkick before losing interest in the game, preferring soccer. (Blighty might have been a bit too crazy for Wilde.)

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Big Cat Lover said:
Be warned in time, James, and remain, as I do, incomprehensible: to be great is to be misunderstood.
Dyer'ere said:

I hope so. Might have been what Thompson was alluding to with the 'we need to hate them' stuff.

Big Cat Lover said:
Big Oscar was renowned for his hard ball gets, loose ball gets and ability to penetrate the zone. A brilliant exponent of the play on game. Would have held down CHF for the Cats no worries (provided the CHF was of similar persuasion ;)).

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008
spook said:
Be warned in time, James, and remain, as I do, incomprehensible: to be great is to be misunderstood.
I hope so. Might have been what Thompson was alluding to with the 'we need to hate them' stuff.
Big Oscar was renowned for his hard ball gets, loose ball gets and ability to penetrate the zone. A brilliant exponent of the play on game. Would have held down CHF for the Cats no worries (provided the CHF was of similar persuasion ;)).

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008
spook said:
Be warned in time, James, and remain, as I do, incomprehensible: to be great is to be misunderstood.I hope so. Might have been what Thompson was alluding to with the 'we need to hate them' stuff.

This might be more appropriate

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Punxsutawney Phil said:
Gee I wish our midfield was as bad as the Collingwood midfield that some around here think is so ordinary.

Backline full of duds, midfield lurkers and forwards who cant kick. What a sh!t side.

Harry and Nick are guns :hihi Seriously i think its an absolute joke that both of them are rated by anyone outside their scum supporters.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Don't understand the hate on Scott Pendlebury.

The Pies midfield is what you want. It dominates games, runs 8-10 deep and all of them are well rounded footballers. The theory of it being lurkers doesn't sit with me. Willl hate them for being supported by parole skipping, unemployed red necks but not the way the midfield works.

KiwiTig

Tiger Superstar
Dec 27, 2007
Williamstown
SCOOP said:

The Pies midfield is what you want. It dominates games, runs 8-10 deep and all of them are well rounded footballers. The theory of it being lurkers doesn't sit with me. Willl hate them for being supported by parole skipping, unemployed red necks but not the way the midfield works.

It's the stupid tash... :vomit

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
SCOOP said:

Pendlebury is a footballer of great vision, poise, endurance and execution but I stand by my description of Collingwood's methods, if exaggerated for effect.

Big Cat Lover said:
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative
Education is an admirable thing. But it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

Big Cat Lover said:
This might be more appropriate

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation
Well, I can't eat muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would probably get on my cuffs. One must eat muffins quite calmly, it is the only way to eat them.

Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like.

Furthermore,

It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008
spook said:
Pendlebury is a footballer of great vision, poise, endurance and execution but I stand by my description of Collingwood's methods, if exaggerated for effect.
Education is an admirable thing. But it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.
Well, I can't eat muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would probably get on my cuffs. One must eat muffins quite calmly, it is the only way to eat them.

Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like.
Furthermore,It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.

My final response
If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.

And here's one I liked
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
It's one thing for an anti Collingwood thread to be enriched by Oscar Wilde and another thing altogether for an Oscar Wilde thread to be contaminated by Collingwood.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Tombstone references (and parts nearby in geography and spirit) are always welcome.

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008
Dyer'ere said:
It's one thing for an anti Collingwood thread to be enriched by Oscar Wilde and another thing altogether for an Oscar Wilde thread to be contaminated by Collingwood.

:hihi

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Big Cat Lover said:

That it is his best work.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
evo said:
That it is his best work.

We can never agree on this, evo. You love the neat skills outside quotes. That Copernicus *smile* is the mad inside grunt.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dyer'ere said:
Tombstone references (and parts nearby in geography and spirit) are always welcome.
I'm your Huckleberry.

Big Cat Lover said:
My final response
If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
Ed, what an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness... does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

Big Cat Lover said:
And here's one I liked
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss.
I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Barnzy said:
So in other words, a gun. Just like Swan and Didak.
Oh... Johnny, I apologize, I forgot you were there... You may go now.