Midfield Depth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Midfield Depth

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Dow must play every game from now on. From the little game time he had, his hands in close were elite.

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Dow must play every game from now on. From the little game time he had, his hands in close were elite.
Yeh, he appears to have the upside the likes of Ross and Naish don't. Play him.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon a midfield of dow, graham, baker, $hai, dusty, hopper, stack, maybe rcd?

will be competitive.

blokes like $hai and bakes are itching to start in there.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I reckon a midfield of dow, graham, baker, $hai, dusty, hopper, stack, maybe rcd?

will be competitive.

I am intrigued about Hopper. You have mentioned him a few times. Is he a free agent?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

will be competitive.

For the benefit of the longer term I’d look at giving Baker an on ball role. He could be our Liberatore. There’s already enough small hbf types on the list to cover him down back.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Dow moves. Gets to the right spots and has the best hands after Edwards. Huge upside.

yep. that contest at CHF in the last, was the very antithesis of Naish's insipid missed tackle.

Dow is a player.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Luke Dunstan is an option. Horrible kick tho.

Another Luke I want to throw out there is Luke Parker. Still hasn’t signed at Sydney. Never misses a game. Parker was our first major midfield miss all those years ago. We watched Jake Batchelor at the Stingrays, took him ahead of Parker. Still grinds my gears. But it’s clear we need to draft and sign mids.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Free Agents
Parker
Wallis
Dunstan
Billings

Cheap Options
Narkle
Leppinski

Out of Contract but will cost money & picks
Cerra
Hopper
Green

With some recruiting similar to 2016 this can be addressed in one off season.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I reckon we have some reasonable potential midfield depth but having no 2020 season to build, the kids are playing catch up s we are expecting big things when they are not yet ready. RCD is showing glimpses of what he will be but the others like Ralphsmith, Dow , Martyn, MRJ etc still learning the trade. We have to blood them as and when but not altogether preferably when most of our experienced midfielders are playing so they can learn from the master of the trade

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
There is nothing there. Without Dusty we look like a rabble right now.

Ffs it's been ten years since we drafted him as well.

Unless we can poach at least two genuine A graders we are in a world of mediocrity for a good few years.

Good luck trying to replace Dylan Grimes as well.

You take the three flags absolutely, but I can't be alone being a bit worried about the slog ahead. We lack class just about everywhere.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
There is nothing there. Without Dusty we look like a rabble right now.

Ffs it's been ten years since we drafted him as well.

Unless we can poach at least two genuine A graders we are in a world of mediocrity for a good few years.

Good luck trying to replace Dylan Grimes as well.

You take the three flags absolutely, but I can't be alone being a bit worried about the slog ahead. We lack class just about everywhere.
My quarter time text to nephew was we are outclassed here. Score was 3 goals to 1 but the class difference was apparent. it is so obvious that our younger players aren't first round talent, barely third in some cases. Cannot build a future on them.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
We’re hoping rather than knowing our young midfielders will be elite AFL talent. At this point, there’s question marks against all of them. Fair enough that lack of VFL has stunted development opportunities but I can’t see any superstars amongst what we have unfortunately.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
My quarter time text to nephew was we are outclassed here. Score was 3 goals to 1 but the class difference was apparent. it is so obvious that our younger players aren't first round talent, barely third in some cases. Cannot build a future on them.
We will have a good position in the draft, not a great one but if Shai goes then we can bank on two first rounders plus our two we already have.

With some injury luck next year and good form we could be right back up the top.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just heard Tom Morris say Will Brodie from the Huns has his papers stamped by Dew and would be looking for a new club with 1 more year in contract.

Big body inside mid would suit us?