Midfield Depth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Midfield Depth

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Just heard Tom Morris say Will Brodie from the Huns has his papers stamped by Dew and would be looking for a new club with 1 more year in contract.

Big body inside mid would suit us?
No, if he couldn't get a game at the Suns then he's no good. And probably on a decent salary as well.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Pick 9. At the Suns. If he can’t get opportunities there how’d he get them elsewhere ? And those 24 games that he has had, haven’t been that inspiring either. Very meh English Willo.
Agree. The rumours of Brodie coming to us have been around since he was drafted. Maybe it’s the Richmond supporter connection. But a big no from me.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
We have to stop looking at X-Factor mids and start drafting some dirty ball winning pigs. We over look them year after year.

We passed on Dion Prestia. And we continue to pass on them early. The thinking must change. Even RCD wasn't a ball winning pig, Dow definitely not.

We need pigs.

Reactions: 8 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We have to stop looking at X-Factor mids and start drafting some dirty ball winning pigs. We over look them year after year.

We passed on Dion Prestia. And we continue to pass on them early. The thinking must change. Even RCD wasn't a ball winning pig, Dow definitely not.

We need pigs.
This.

I think we've tried to be too smart with our recent early picks.

we need ball winners. keep it simple.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Would Bolton get 2 first round picks? Possibly.
If so you do the deal.
Secure Hopper with one of the first round picks.
Secure Cerra with the other pick.

Would be a better outcome?

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Brodie - Massive No.

Definitely need our midfield beefing up though don't we.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Brodie - Massive No.

Definitely need our midfield beefing up though don't we.
Yeh we’ve got a similar but arguably better version of Brodie in Jack Ross. And he’s battling to establish a career. A big no from me.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Luke Dunstan is an option. Horrible kick tho.

Another Luke I want to throw out there is Luke Parker. Still hasn’t signed at Sydney. Never misses a game. Parker was our first major midfield miss all those years ago. We watched Jake Batchelor at the Stingrays, took him ahead of Parker. Still grinds my gears. But it’s clear we need to draft and sign mids.
Still not signed, there is a squeeze at Sydney. Go get Parker. Trade for Cerra. Draft mids. Boom.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If we play this off season well we could re-shape our midfield

New additions
Cerra
1st Round pick
Narkle
Parker

Partnered with
Martin
Bolton
Prestia
Lambert
Graham
RCD
Martyn

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
What would we need to pay Parker to get him across? Length of contract might be more important than $$$. 3 years?
4 years 2.5 million. Front ended. Trigger for a fifth. He’s been remarkably durable and is still a top 25 mid right now.