Midfield Depth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Midfield Depth

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Smart.

Small. (Plays 175/75) Slow. (Plays 3.2) Knows where to go. Knows where to send a team mate. Classy.

Horrifically under equipped as a specimen and as an athlete. How the hell can he get a kick? Always moving.

Mike Green's descendent has steadily improved over the past month. A static. He's worked on his bullocking. He's better focussed on that. And he's keeping his feet. His confidence is growing. He's using smart a couple of times a game.

At last I'm comfortable with a third rounder for him. But I'm still not a fan, spooker.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Very encouraging day for our Midfield depth, really nice game from RCD, Bakes proved that’s where he belongs , his just blooody good no matter where he plays ad that Dow was bog in the magoos and MartYn was good , that’s a good day

Reactions: 8 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Very encouraging day for our Midfield depth, really nice game from RCD, Bakes proved that’s where he belongs , his just blooody good no matter where he plays ad that Dow was bog in the magoos and MartYn was good , that’s a good day
Yep no need to go hire guns from other teams, just develop our own and work the draft.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

yep Jack Graham, Dow, Bakes, $hai, RCD, Dusty

will be our midfield into the 2030's.

deep as *smile*

on Tom Greene,

I've watched them about the same number of times (and I think I've seen Tom;'s best 2 games),

and I reckon theres not much at all between him and RCD.

I think either could play 150 serviceable games

its noteworthy, I think that while RCD was willing the game our way in the 3rd quarter, in his 2nd game,

Tom Green (and Jacob Hopper) were slowing to a walk. they were almost crawling to contests in the last.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
yep Jack Graham, Dow, Bakes, $hai, RCD, Dusty

will be our midfield into the 2030's.

deep as *smile*

on Tom Greene,

I've watched them about the same number of times (and I think I've seen Tom;'s best 2 games),

and I reckon theres not much at all between him and RCD.

I think either could play 150 serviceable games

its noteworthy, I think that while RCD was willing the game our way in the 3rd quarter, in his 2nd game,

Tom Green (and Jacob Hopper) were slowing to a walk. they were almost crawling to contests in the last.
I still think we need to replace the irreplaceable as best we can , good signs from a workhorse group, however to win flags you need A grade mids .

Funny enough just watching the replay I thought if RCD can continue to improve it takes out the need for Greene Tom , however I think Green Tom is going to a reliable A- 200 gamer . I think you may get a very close look at the Dow next Friday . Prestia said last night he’d be close next week , so pencil him in for Adelaide game

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I still think we need to replace the irreplaceable as best we can , good signs from a workhorse group, however to win flags you need A grade mids .

Funny enough just watching the replay I thought if RCD can continue to improve it takes out the need for Greene Tom , however I think Green Tom is going to a reliable A- 200 gamer . I think you may get a very close look at the Dow next Friday . Prestia said last night he’d be close next week , so pencil him in for Adelaide game

I know where theres a Shane Edwards replacement :cool:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The real Shedda is an outside chance for some sunshine Friday

extraordinary.

hope we play Mabs (think hes more versatile than CCJ)

cant go borrowing Noah from the backline against Brisbane, who have triple towers Daniher/Hipwood/McStay 200/200/196

and Grimes tied up on Charlie.

simply must bring in a back up ruckman

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
extraordinary.

hope we play Mabs (think hes more versatile than CCJ)

cant go borrowing Noah from the backline against Brisbane, who have triple towers Daniher/Hipwood/McStay 200/200/196

and Grimes tied up on Charlie.

simply must bring in a back up ruckman
Problem with playing Chol is it will only devalue his trade worth against a possible destination for him .

I don’t trust Chol now, I’d definitely go CJ , even if he dosent mark it he smashes the pack, Mabs does not

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yep no need to go hire guns from other teams, just develop our own and work the draft.
Great opportunity this draft to do that too Gia.

I love the idea of Dusty playing 80% forward , if we can just unearth some more midfield talent will be able to do this

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Problem with playing Chol is it will only devalue his trade worth against a possible destination for him .

I don’t trust Chol now, I’d definitely go CJ , even if he dosent mark it he smashes the pack, Mabs does not

I havnt given up on Mabior, and im looking forward to seeing CJ.

Dimma repeatedly discusses the trade off between a 2nd ruckman and run.

so Im pretty sure Mabs will be on the plane

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Send Chol to GC for a 6th round draft pick that we won’t use. CCJ any day of the week over him and twice on Sundays.

Green. Way too slow. No thanks.

RCD ok. Still worried by his lack of pace though too, and his off ball work.

Dow. How Now Brown Dow ? He looks the best of the young mids to me. Keen to see him get an extended run. Would give Martyn another crack too before years end.

The VFL played a hapless GWS so not taking too much from that.

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra

Of our Kids I think we can lock in Bolton and Baker as A grades going forward (I know Bolton’s only played 1 game in there but that’s my view anyway.

I’m hoping one of either Dow or RCD joins them. As long as they keep developing this year I would not be rushing to sign a free agent (unless it’s Bont).

I think we just look to pick up some more elite midfield junior prospects in the upcoming draft.

A KPF to replace Jack is who we should be targeting as a free agent or through a trade.

Is there a junior KPF in Qld, or WA that we should be trying to lure home to VIC?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Send Chol to GC for a 6th round draft pick that we won’t use. CCJ any day of the week over him and twice on Sundays.

the only thing they have in common is they are listed as 'ruckmen'

I really dont think they are comparable in any respect, except height.

I understand the Mabior distrust, but I dont understand it.

Richmond people are taught to live in the moment,

and at the moment, Nank needs help (not replacing), Dimma doesnt want to compromise speed and flexibility, and mabs is in great form.

I reckon Mabior Chol probably has more to give right now,

than any other depth player.

and I'd actually put my left nut on him playing Friday night.

If Nank gets hurt or needs a rest, CCJ is a no brainer.

hes Nank replacement, not Nank support.

these are two very different things, that Dimma is desperately trying to articulate,

but not doing as good a job as me :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Green. Way too slow. No thanks.

RCD ok. Still worried by his lack of pace though too, and his off ball work.

Dow. How Now Brown Dow ? He looks the best of the young mids to me. Keen to see him get an extended run. Would give Martyn another crack too before years end.

The VFL played a hapless GWS so not taking too much from that.
RCD ain't slow. But Will Martyn is, or one-paced anyway, with no zip in his first five steps.

Dow is a beauty. Zip, clean, assess, dish.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
the only thing they have in common is they are listed as 'ruckmen'

I really dont think they are comparable in any respect, except height.

I understand the Mabior distrust, but I dont understand it.

Richmond people are taught to live in the moment,

and at the moment, Nank needs help (not replacing), Dimma doesnt want to compromise speed and flexibility, and mabs is in great form.

I reckon Mabior Chol probably has more to give right now,

than any other depth player.

and I'd actually put my left nut on him playing Friday night.

If Nank gets hurt or needs a rest, CCJ is a no brainer.

hes Nank replacement, not Nank support.

these are two very different things, that Dimma is desperately trying to articulate,

but not doing as good a job as me :cool:
Moment ? He’s been on our list 5 years.

And I’ve seen enough over those 5 years to warrant that lack of trust.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
RCD ain't slow. But Will Martyn is, or one-paced anyway, with no zip in his first five steps.

Dow is a beauty. Zip, clean, assess, dish.
Watching the VFL live yesterday Dow had a sensational game, not sure what those watching on the box thought.

Amazingly listening to X's post match he said Dow lost 6 or 7k with his appendicitis o_O, all that work in the off-season to put on size gone to waste in one foul swoop, makes his effort yesterday more meritorious.

Reactions: 6 users