Midfield Depth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Midfield Depth

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Though Dow played mainly of the wing , he showed he can win the clearance ball, imho he’s clear best of our cub midfielders , Hugo looks to have a bit to work with on the wing , MartYn looks to be a competitive beast who works hard both ways , is he going to be an AFL 100 gamer ? Time will tell .

We still have a good mix of part time mids I.e Shedda, Baker, Graham , Bolton

If we do land Cerra it will certainly help fix our depth problems, however with our 2 main mids very much injury prone now and Dusty not getting any younger it’s still an area we must add too , geez a silky left footer would be nice.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Though Dow played mainly of the wing , he showed he can win the clearance ball, imho he’s clear best of our cub midfielders , Hugo looks to have a bit to work with on the wing , MartYn looks to be a competitive beast who works hard both ways , is he going to be an AFL 100 gamer ? Time will tell .

We still have a good mix of part time mids I.e Shedda, Baker, Graham , Bolton

If we do land Cerra it will certainly help fix our depth problems, however with our 2 main mids very much injury prone now and Dusty not getting any younger it’s still an area we must add too , geez a silky left footer would be nice.
Part time mids. Reckon what you said sums it up.
If the cubs come on then we have depth but its the primary engines that need an overhaul.
Someone to play in the top 3.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Still needs addressing at draft time.But Dow & RCD could reduce the need for both picks to play big roles next year.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Still needs addressing at draft time.But Dow & RCD could reduce the need for both picks to play big roles next year.
Yesterday’s game gave me more confidence in Dow’s ability to make the grade. But another top class mid is a non negotiable at this years draft / trade period.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yesterday’s game gave me more confidence in Dow’s ability to make the grade. But another top class mid is a non negotiable at this years draft / trade period.
Just one?
We are in need of a readymade mid, say a Cerra/Taranto/Mitchell /Green
And a young draftee who is a longterm prospect to be a starting centre square mid

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Just one?
We are in need of a readymade mid, say a Cerra/Taranto/Mitchell /Green
And a young draftee who is a longterm prospect to be a starting centre square mid
At a minimum one. Cerra looks like the only realstic chance. I seriously doubt the others mentioned are moving. And no to Mitchell.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

Cerra from an age profile perspective fits well, but I think the improvement from within be it Dow and RCD, Prestia and Lambert staying fit and Graham improving is just as important. More than one way to skin a cat.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Prestia staying fit
This is a major concern. Has missed 38 games in 5 seasons since being recruited to us; almost 2 full seasons of footy in 5 seasons. Played 77 of 115 possible games.

He's been a great player for us but his injury history is not great. Hopefully he has a good run as he is so important to us but I'm not sure we can expect it to get better as he gets older.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
This is a major concern. Has missed 38 games in 5 seasons since being recruited to us; almost 2 full seasons of footy in 5 seasons. Played 77 of 115 possible games.

He's been a great player for us but his injury history is not great. Hopefully he has a good run as he is so important to us but I'm not sure we can expect it to get better as he gets older.

Agree. Think it’s a management issue at a certain level. He seems to come back for a game and then miss a couple more. Coming back too early? Bad luck? Doesn’t know his own body? The club needs to find out.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Cerra from an age profile perspective fits well, but I think the improvement from within be it Dow and RCD, Prestia and Lambert staying fit and Graham improving is just as important. More than one way to skin a cat.

Yeah spot on, we want to be able to compete for a top four spot next year and just tipping in kids for mids won't do that. Need list improvement.

Starting to think that Cerra is a must have.