• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Missed Targets

Maxwell

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 23, 2003
Melbourne
It would have been great to land one of these but I love that we are at least trying (and not wanting to overpay ie the judd).

It's clear that the club also doesnt feel like we need to sign one of these big fish just to appease supporters, which is a massive change and once again one I am very happy to see.

Maxwell

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 23, 2003
Melbourne
shawry said:
3 of those have stayed at their own club. Not so cut and dry.

We have managed to persuade Houli and Chaplin who are all first 22 players. Think you just like having something to sook about and since we won there is less to whinge about.
Don't forget Miles and Maric who are in the top 10 at the club. We are very good at identifying players who meet our needs and making sure we dont overpay.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
We missed out on Walters from Freo as well. He'd be handy in our forward line.

BillyJean17

Tiger Superstar
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Mr Magic said:
Dom Tyson - missed
Nat Fyfe -missed
Dylan Shiel - missed
David Armitage - missed
Dan Hannerbery - missed

Went hard for all and missed all. Not a good record!

Who else have we missed or will we miss?
We re aiming pretty high. We could lower our sights and nail them like pa and nm do ::) what about all the clubs failing to lure cotch, Martin, rance and Jack away from punt rd ::)

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
In all honesty I don't care about landing the "big fish" from elsewhere. I am old enough to remember a powerful club (richmond) throwing everything at landing a wonderful footballer from another club that was going to just top us off at the time. His name was John Pitura. With all due respect to John, he was a great player at South Melb but did 5/8ths of very little at the Tigers. We paid him good money and paid the requisite transfer fee. We traded Graeme Teasdale who won a Brownlow with them in the ruck, Brian "the whale" Roberts who was actually a very good ruckman and a wonderful clubman AND a guy called Francis Jackson who locked down CHB for some time. Now our head or recruiting. It gutted the club and we took some time to recover from this "coup".

Daisy Thomas has worked a treat for the blues. The most expensive forward line in history failed to fire against us last week and both guys won't even participate this week. Good job fellas! Sheeit if Franklin kicked 100 goals a year every year for the decade he is under contract, it will cost $10k per goal. That's about 80 membership fees per goal. At the moment his goals are costing a damn sight more. He would have to kick 4+ goals per game every game for over 20 matches per season for a decade. It ain't happening.

Yes, I would love several players from other clubs but not at the risk of fragmenting what we are building. We have kept Cotch, the Tross and Jack for less than they would get elsewhere. Let's be careful what we wish for.

thegdog

Tiger Superstar
Sep 28, 2009
Get Jaeger OMeara !! Absolute gun in making that will complement our team perfectly. First pick and Astbury if required

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
the shadows
jimbob said:
In all honesty I don't care about landing the "big fish" from elsewhere. I am old enough to remember a powerful club (richmond) throwing everything at landing a wonderful footballer from another club that was going to just top us off at the time. His name was John Pitura. With all due respect to John, he was a great player at South Melb but did 5/8ths of very little at the Tigers. We paid him good money and paid the requisite transfer fee. We traded Graeme Teasdale who won a Brownlow with them in the ruck, Brian "the whale" Roberts who was actually a very good ruckman and a wonderful clubman AND a guy called Francis Jackson who locked down CHB for some time. Now our head or recruiting. It gutted the club and we took some time to recover from this "coup".

Daisy Thomas has worked a treat for the blues. The most expensive forward line in history failed to fire against us last week and both guys won't even participate this week. Good job fellas! Sheeit if Franklin kicked 100 goals a year every year for the decade he is under contract, it will cost $10k per goal. That's about 80 membership fees per goal. At the moment his goals are costing a damn sight more. He would have to kick 4+ goals per game every game for over 20 matches per season for a decade. It ain't happening.

Yes, I would love several players from other clubs but not at the risk of fragmenting what we are building. We have kept Cotch, the Tross and Jack for less than they would get elsewhere. Let's be careful what we wish for.
Judd worked a treat for the blue cheats :hihi

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
jimbob said:

Spot on

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Sintiger said:
His what is not a target ? ( it is he's ,short for he is ...sorry this drives me nuts !!! )
Don't be sorry Sintiger ... drives me up the wall too.
I can tolerate the grammar glitches where they at least sound the same (your/you're, there/their/they're, its/it's), but this his/he's bit gives me the willies!!!

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
Tigertool said:
When did we go after Fyfe?
Fyfe was open about another club making him a big offer but wouldn't confirm who it was. Freo and us have form. They threw big money at Jack. We returned serve with Walters and Nat they then went for Alex. Our turn next!

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
Baloo said:
We had a few cracks at Sheedy in the 90s
How bout we don't go that far back hey!

My record at the Metro was none too flash around then either

jokershoppe

Tiger Superstar
Feb 17, 2008
We need to win a decent big fish as this will open us up as a real destination, we have not beat any competition in signing any player.
Mason Cox, tyson, adams; robertson, ,greenwood, all chose other clubs; and trelor; ;dangerfield, motlop if all moving and if none choose tigers; ;then it does effect our list.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
jimbob said:

Spot on Jimbob.

Who cares about hooking a big fish. We are doing everything right - building a team, building a culture, building our young kids into great players.

Tonight just proved it.

Like you I remember the Richmond of the 80s when we thought we could buy talent in and win a trading war with Collingwood.

Of course, some are so habituated to failure they just want to repeat the failures of the past.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
antman said:
Spot on Jimbob.

Who cares about hooking a big fish. We are doing everything right - building a team, building a culture, building our young kids into great players.

Tonight just proved it.

Like you I remember the Richmond of the 80s when we thought we could buy talent in and win a trading war with Collingwood.

Of course, some are so habituated to failure they just want to repeat the failures of the past.
Yep, going o.k. so far with keeping our early picks n scrounging some bargain basement left overs that fit what we need. If we can snaffle a quality free agent or trade a fair exchange then fine by me, happy to do it. Not interested in paying overs to get a mid range whizz bang or tired old half broken champ, certain way to again destroy everything the club has tried to build over the last six years.

jokershoppe

Tiger Superstar
Feb 17, 2008
The importance of winning a player from another club that has muliple destinations is that it opens the door for others to follow, getting the first guy to us IS IMPORTANT.

jokershoppe

Tiger Superstar
Feb 17, 2008
BF REPORTS that adelaide have made a god father offer t6o dimma, no chance if true will become a missed target.