Mistaken Identity | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mistaken Identity

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
I was sitting at the MCG today laughing at the amount of time richmond players passed the ball straight to open essendon players. It was like they were wishing they were on the other side. One main time that comes into my head is when a richmond player kicked across the goal on the construction end, straight to mark mercuri on the chest with the closest richmond player about 20 meters away. It seems like a lot of our players are already getting ready to be traded off.

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
Thanks Gus, i didnt want to say it lol after the amount of crap he has been getting lately, but i have to admit I do think it was him, and after you meantioned the name, alot more examples of his passes went to the opposition. Although i was please to see him follow alot of them up with some smothers of the ball.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Newmo thats obviously the one to go backwards and sideways as opposed to the one that allegedly exists where we move it quickly and kick it long to the tall forwards.

But which is game plan A and which is B.

sean pean

No. 6
Jul 12, 2003
Frankston
www.groovejett.com
actually i thought number 11 wasnt to bad today..

saw one bad hand ball to space with only an opposition player in reach but certainly less clangers than usual.

or perhaps i was looking at the game through beer goggles

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
i agree with you sean that he did play alright today. There was a few times when he did cough it up, up overall it was alright.
I said in another posting that i thought it was ironic to see that when richo, otto and staf were uin the forward line, it was the posession game, with short pass and kicks going sideways and backwards. Towards the end of the day, particualy in the last quarter, players were getting it quick, deep into the forward line, but who was in the forward line, non other then Rodan, Krakouer, and McGrath....the three shortest guys in the league.

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
Future Tiger Champ said:
I said in another posting that i thought it was ironic to see that when richo, otto and staf were uin the forward line, it was the posession game, with short pass and kicks going sideways and backwards.

As FTC says above ::) (for some reason I can't seem to highlight the quote?)

Just touching on the point re: richo, staff and otto all in the forward line, it made me realise a key fundamental flaw. That is these guys are playing for all glory - however where is the guts.

To sum it up, these guys should form a spine down the middle, somewhere for the little guys to run to and direct the ball. By hell it would go a long way to straightening up the team. Putting them all into the forward line is - 'putting all your eggs in one basket' or 'no guts, no glory'.

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
Yeh, i can see what you mean mongrel, but what i meant was that when any one of those players was down forward, it is the short kicks, but when we have the small line down yesterday, there was alot of kick long kicks