MLB 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MLB 2023

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Opening Day tomorrow morning (AEST). Yes ! The final leg in the Season of Redford 2021 sports extravaganza. AFL, PGA Tour, Euro Tour, F1, NBA, NHL.....and now finally, the MLB. C'mooon !

Think the Red Sox will be better than people expect but not a contender for the AL East unfortunately. Big improvers for mine: Blue Jays, White Sox. Maybe the Mets and Twinkies.

Dodgers, Filthy Yankees, Padres, Braves the key contenders.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Opening Day tomorrow morning (AEST). Yes ! The final leg in the Season of Redford 2021 sports extravaganza. AFL, PGA Tour, Euro Tour, F1, NBA, NHL.....and now finally, the MLB. C'mooon !

Think the Red Sox will be better than people expect but not a contender for the AL East unfortunately. Big improvers for mine: Blue Jays, White Sox. Maybe the Mets and Twinkies.

Dodgers, Filthy Yankees, Padres, Braves the key contenders.
The Dodgers and Yankees?? That's like Carlton and Collingwood being the main contenders in an AFL season :vomit

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Not a strong MLB follower Red, but good to see a thread of it on here compared to that 'other' topic one you and Patsy kept posting on years ago.

Just saw the Yankees (you're hate?) lose at home to the Blue Jays. :))

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Go the Cubs.
A stronger follower of the Steelers in the NFL, I was a bandwagoner for the Pittsburgh Pirates in the MLB.....both reasons for the YELLOW & BLACK!!

Bit like us before 2017, no World Series title for 37 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Not a strong MLB follower Red, but good to see a thread of it on here compared to that 'other' topic one you and Patsy kept posting on years ago.

Just saw the Yankees (you're hate?) lose at home to the Blue Jays. :))

Suck sht Stinkers. Long season though.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
So I’ve got back into sports cards over the pandemic. Started buying some MLB stuff. Picked up some Acuña rookies, some Devers rookies, Jasson Dominguez stuff but I’m looking for breakout stars of today and the future. Nothing outrageously rich stuff but it’s a great hobby to make some spare cash.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
So I’ve got back into sports cards over the pandemic. Started buying some MLB stuff. Picked up some Acuña rookies, some Devers rookies, Jasson Dominguez stuff but I’m looking for breakout stars of today and the future. Nothing outrageously rich stuff but it’s a great hobby to make some spare cash.
The Acuna one projects well.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Straight into the safety deposit box at the bank.

Is Rafeal Devers going to make the leap? Also got a heap of Yordan Álvarez on the way. You rate him?
Devers lack of defensive ability will always hold him back from being top draw elite.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I've got nothing - aside from a St Louis Cardinals cap somebody gave me years ago. So - go the Cardinals ! ? ! ?
maybe i'll look them up ..
just looked them up. seems like they've done ok, old club, won 11 of the 19 World Series they've been in

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Straight into the safety deposit box at the bank.

Is Rafeal Devers going to make the leap? Also got a heap of Yordan Álvarez on the way. You rate him?

Not trying to stick my nose in, but if you have the opportunity take a look at Tarik Skubal. Could be a nice little break out saver.

Is a leftie with a very good fastball, which they just love in Detroit. So he'll get a lot of opportunity this year.

Apparently has added a splitter, to a reasonable range of other pitches.

If he consistently gets the level of control he needs in the strike zone, he could be a candidate for a real big break out this season IMO.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Sh!t. 0-3 start. Thrashed in the 3rd game. Just like in the NFL, Baltimore teams sh!t me.

Hey - I’m an Oriole fan from way back
Of course we’re reverting to the norm being flogged yesterday and in trouble already in today’s game