MLB 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MLB 2023

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Great win by those Boston Redford Sox today. Beat out the Rays ace young Glasnow. Huuuuge HR by Vazquez out onto Landsdowne Street in the 8th and then a 2 run hit by JDM in the 9th with 2 out gets us the come from behind win.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hey - I’m an Oriole fan from way back
Of course we’re reverting to the norm being flogged yesterday and in trouble already in today’s game
Was always gonna be hard for the Oreo’s today against Gerrit Cole. He was throwing 101 mph fastballs today !!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Vazquez goes crazy again. Red Sox improve to 3-3 with huge sweep of 2020 WS Rays.

Oreos beat the evil ones in 11 innings.

Happy days !

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Vazquez goes crazy again. Red Sox improve to 3-3 with huge sweep of 2020 WS Rays.

Oreos beat the evil ones in 11 innings.

Happy days !

Yeah watched the O’s snatch that in the 11th - good stuff

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
So I’ve got back into sports cards over the pandemic. Started buying some MLB stuff. Picked up some Acuña rookies, some Devers rookies, Jasson Dominguez stuff but I’m looking for breakout stars of today and the future. Nothing outrageously rich stuff but it’s a great hobby to make some spare cash.

Like I said, Ronny Acuna continues to project well.

1618313069762.jpeg

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
No-hitter by Rodon of the White Sox today. Massive comeback from elbow and shoulder surgery. Career looked done and he throws a no-hitter.

Gutsy.

dusty123456

Tiger Cub
Aug 12, 2020
Maybe. But for now it’s a great start after going 0-3.
Yeah I don't follow it too closely, but from what i've seen the season has started in a completely unexpected way. I mean who would've thought that the Royals and the Mariners would be doing so well right now? The Red Sox have recovered very well from their early stumble, looking good so far...
And I didn't watch the game this morning but Ryu is a very very very good pitcher, so to get 4 off him is a great result

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah just noticed those 9 wins in a row. Looking good again since 2018.
Long way to go. Cora is just a super manager and clearly has made a big difference. I expect things to maybe catch up with us - maybe - but right now they are playing really well.

Loving this season so far. Even before the Red Sox took off. Some exciting young teams and players. Love watching the White Sox, Padres, Blue Jays, Reds . Dodgers and Braves have a lot of talent. Yankees do as well but are failing (awesome) and KC ! Amazing. Giants on fire too. How do the A’s do it ?

Super interesting season. Fantastic.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Long way to go. Cora is just a super manager and clearly has made a big difference. I expect things to maybe catch up with us - maybe - but right now they are playing really well.

Loving this season so far. Even before the Red Sox took off. Some exciting young teams and players. Love watching the White Sox, Padres, Blue Jays, Reds . Dodgers and Braves have a lot of talent. Yankees do as well but are failing (awesome) and KC ! Amazing. Giants on fire too. How do the A’s do it ?

Super interesting season. Fantastic.
Yeah I noticed the standings look pretty close with 16 wins the highest and 8 the lowest. Even season. Not a big follower but one day I'll get into the MLB (admittedly, I'm a bandwagoner when their play offs are on :)) )

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah I noticed the standings look pretty close with 16 wins the highest and 8 the lowest. Even season. Not a big follower but one day I'll get into the MLB (admittedly, I'm a bandwagoner when their play offs are on :)) )
It’s a great season so far. So many permutations.

Baseball is a great game. Love the history and romance of it all too. They just need to quicken the game up to make it a bit more accessible - which they’re trying to do.

Nothing better than sitting at Fenway, or any ballpark for that matter, on a Summer evening, having a few beers, chillin out and watching the skill, talent and tactics. Awesome.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It’s a great season so far. So many permutations.

Baseball is a great game. Love the history and romance of it all too. They just need to quicken the game up to make it a bit more accessible - which they’re trying to do.

Nothing better than sitting at Fenway, or any ballpark for that matter, on a Summer evening, having a few beers, chillin out and watching the skill, talent and tactics. Awesome.
Agree. Just went to that 1 game Brewers at Mets when visiting my cuz in NJ in 2002. Never being overseas since. As you say, nothing better than to watch US sports live (or on TV) which is why I follow NFL and NCAA Football and Basketball a lot. You get that 'wish I was there' feeling a lot of times.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Agree. Just went to that 1 game Brewers at Mets when visiting my cuz in NJ in 2002. Never being overseas since. As you say, nothing better than to watch US sports live (or on TV) which is why I follow NFL and NCAA Football and Basketball a lot. You get that 'wish I was there' feeling a lot of times.
Absolutely. Me too. I go once or twice a year - done it for a long time now. Not with Covid stuffing things up though.

Citifield 2002. Interesting. Just post 9/11. The Mike Piazza years.