MLB 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MLB 2023

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Hey Redford, and anyone else whose gone to MLB games? :)

Where's your favourite spot or what do you think is the best spot to watch from? :unsure:
The left hand line, behind the catcher, the right hand line or where the Home Runs are hit.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Where's your favourite spot or what do you think is the best spot to watch from? :unsure:
The left hand line, behind the catcher, the right hand line or where the Home Runs are hit.
I think, behind the catcher are the most expensive, but I like behind the dugout coz you see everything horizontally (like the wing at the G)

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Good question.

Price of non corporate box seats usually start at their highest at field level behind home plate and then decrease as you spread further from home plate out to the bleachers - which are the cheapest seats in the house. Same applies to first level seats, just a lower starting price behind home, then a lower starting price the next level up again. Complicating matters are club service or in-seat wait service in various sections.

Sometimes the better seats depend on the stadium. But me personally, I generally like the first base line at field level no further along than the 1st base bag or, behind home plate.

Having said that, my favourite seats in all of baseball - and I’ve sat in dozens of stadiums in dozens of different types of seats - are the Pavillon Club seats at Fenway Park. Just before the Green Monster starts, 2 levels up, looking right over the top of the 3rd base line. In-seat waiter service. Too many beers….

1664877724701.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How many rows back?
The closer you are the better (and more expensive) because remember, the field is a little bit sunken below seat level so you are still on top of the play, plus you are as close as you can be to the pitch and catcher and get the best idea of what it’s like to be the hitter. Plus you hear the players and umpires spouting off.

One disadvantage of sitting behind home plate: the netting. Not really a big deal, but just saying. For greater safety reasons it now extends along the first and third base lines to the bags.

1664878834401.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good question.

Price of non corporate box seats usually start at their highest at field level behind home plate and then decrease as you spread further from home plate out to the bleachers - which are the cheapest seats in the house. Same applies to first level seats, just a lower starting price behind home, then a lower starting price the next level up again. Complicating matters are club service or in-seat wait service in various sections.

Sometimes the better seats depend on the stadium. But me personally, I generally like the first base line at field level no further along than the 1st base bag or, behind home plate.

Having said that, my favourite seats in all of baseball - and I’ve sat in dozens of stadiums in dozens of different types of seats - are the Pavillon Club seats at Fenway Park. Just before the Green Monster starts, 2 levels up, looking right over the top of the 3rd base line. In-seat waiter service. Too many beers….

View attachment 17017
Too small.

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That was just a pre game warm up beer. I usually order the bucket of 5 in ice.
In that 1st photo, that middle level which is undercover is equivalent to Level 2 at the G and I never liked it. Loved my reserved seat at Level 2A above PRE back in the 90s. Hate undercover rain, hail or shine.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
In that 1st photo, that middle level which is undercover is equivalent to Level 2 at the G and I never liked it. Loved my reserved seat at Level 2A above PRE back in the 90s. Hate undercover rain, hail or shine.
That level is a bit deceptive in the photo. It’s only about 12 rows deep and the first 4-6 rows aren’t under cover.

Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
That level is a bit deceptive in the photo. It’s only about 12 rows deep and the first 4-6 rows aren’t under cover.
Looking further around to that open to section in your photo, like you said looks like 6 rows, then a green wall then 6 rows again to the back, not too deep.

We went 2017 to Angels Stadium, again like you said and good to know you think that first baseline is pretty good. Tampa Bay were in front of us and definitely wasn't a bad price wise compared to going behind the plate. Was also like $5 seats the top deck of that stand in the background..

received_493555130992783.jpeg

received_493555134326116.jpeg

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Looking further around to that open to section in your photo, like you said looks like 6 rows, then a green wall then 6 rows again to the back, not too deep.

We went 2017 to Angels Stadium, again like you said and good to know you think that first baseline is pretty good. Tampa Bay were in front of us and definitely wasn't a bad price wise compared to going behind the plate. Was also like $5 seats the top deck of that stand in the background..

View attachment 17057

View attachment 17058
I was at Angels Stadium in 2017 too. Red Sox game. 1st level, 1st base line. Waiter service and the big padded seats. Been there a couple of times.

Infuriating stadium to get to and from. No public transport, nothing.

• Wow

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I was at Angels Stadium in 2017 too. Red Sox game. 1st level, 1st base line. Waiter service and the big padded seats. Been there a couple of times.

Infuriating stadium to get to and from. No public transport, nothing.
Yep lucky our Disneyland hotel organised a bus for about 10 of us tourists staying there and going to the game, so we all put in like $10 each and got a ride there and back.

Friday, 15 July I reckon our game was.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yep lucky our Disneyland hotel organised a bus for about 10 of us tourists staying there and going to the game, so we all put in like $10 each and got a ride there and back.

Friday, 17 July I reckon our game was.
Geepers. We were there in July too. Great weather.

Boy the Mariners are doing a number on Toronto. Shocked. Getting Castillo at the trade deadline was a good move.

Cleveland and Philly win too. More upsets.

Hope Cleveland go well coz Tito manages them.

• Wow

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Geepers. We were there in July too. Great weather.

Boy the Mariners are doing a number on Toronto. Shocked. Getting Castillo at the trade deadline was a good move.

Cleveland and Philly win too. More upsets.

Hope Cleveland go well coz Tito manages them.
Rays series was Friday 15 - Sunday 17 July.
Red Sox in LA series was the next week Friday 22 - Sunday 24 July.
We had moved to Hollywood Hills after the Rays series.

A lot of good baseball today (y)