Modern Rivalries | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Modern Rivalries

I don’t understand how we could have a rivalry against Geelong?
Isn’t it when two teams have big close games and we take in turns winning close games?
Richmond vs Geelong is the total opposite. We smash them every game and then crap on their heads with a big steaming pile of premiership cups?
Have you not been on this planet for very long?
Moggies spent most of thirty plus years doing exactly to us what we are now doing to them. It might be a slightly different sort of rivalry to your line of thinking, but PAYBACK is a wonderous joy to behold.

Reactions: 1 users
Geelong likes to pretend we don't have a rivalry, but we do. They hate us. And we hate them. And we win when it counts.

Reckon beating up on the Moggies in three finals series whilst on the way to three flags, Elim, Prelim, Grannie went a hell of a long way to squaring the ledger.
Always happy to beat up on them n hang *smile* on a couple of brothers, but the nagging ache of thirty odd years of crap has disappeared.

Still get very antsy during games, regardless of opposition, always want the boys to win, but I'm generally looking forward to the next game within an hour or so of the result. Losing the odd game here n there hardly raises the hackles any more. Even losing to Colonwood in the Prelim in 2018, I was right to go again within 24 hours n that was after only one flag.
great post, 17 was qualifying not Elim though

great post, 17 was qualifying not Elim though
Yeah. It was. It wouldn't be bad to win this year's flag from outside the Top 4. If we can land 5th, the Cats 8th, then we can have a clean sweep of finals victories against the Cats

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t understand how we could have a rivalry against Geelong?
Isn’t it when two teams have big close games and we take in turns winning close games?
Richmond vs Geelong is the total opposite. We smash them every game and then crap on their heads with a big steaming pile of premiership cups?

ummm... in the 2017 qualifying final scores were level late in the 3rd quarter before we blew them away.

In the 2019 Prelim, we were 21 points down before turning it around.

In the 2020 GF, we were 22 points down before turning it around.

then you go back the previous 30 years and how Geelong have destroyed us (I think we roughly beat them about 5-6 times in 30 years). that infamous 2017 game. the 1995 Prelim. Brad Ottens success after leaving us. Chris Scott suggesting we were overrated.

Reactions: 1 users