Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Boys in the boat (directed by George Clooney) on Disney+, a true story about a junior varsity rowing team who win gold at the 1936 Olympics. Pleasant enough by the numbers Hollywood underdog film, you’ve seen it before but it was a basketball team or a football team.

About my father (starring De Niro) on Apple. A comedy written (and starring some American comic Sebastian Maniscalco) that was appalling, not one laugh in the whole movie loosely based on Maniscalco and his father. How does a major Hollywood film starring De Niro that’s this bad get made and no one intervenes and says “hey, this comedy film isn’t very funny”?

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Boys in the boat (directed by George Clooney) on Disney+, a true story about a junior varsity rowing team who win gold at the 1936 Olympics. Pleasant enough by the numbers Hollywood underdog film, you’ve seen it before but it was a basketball team or a football team.

About my father (starring De Niro) on Apple. A comedy written (and starring some American comic Sebastian Maniscalco) that was appalling, not one laugh in the whole movie loosely based on Maniscalco and his father. How does a major Hollywood film starring De Niro that’s this bad get made and no one intervenes and says “hey, this comedy film isn’t very funny”?

Critics hate it. Public liked it. Public ratings are 0 like you or 4/5s

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Just watched Killers of the Flower Moon. Too long of course and so sick of De Niro’s old bulldog face. Give Leonardo his props though. Outstanding performance. And give credit to Scorsese for restraining himself from making every visual a hero shot and allowing the story to take precedence.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Spotted a tigers bumper sticker on the sub inspecting the platform at the start of the 2016 movie Deepwater Horizon. Might be LSU but looks like an early Richmond style 😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410_151707_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_151707_Gallery.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 10

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Next goal wins on Disney+…uurrghhh! What a stinker. About the American Samoa soccer side in their 2011 World Cup qualifying match. It wants to be the Cool Runnings on the 2020s but more like …I dunno, some piece of unfunny crap. Directed by Taika Waititi & starring Michael Fassbender, Elizabeth Moss, Will Arnett, Rhys Darby but not a laugh to had anywhere. Badly acted, cheap looking, no drama, no comedy. Terrible.

• Sad

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Next goal wins on Disney+…uurrghhh! What a stinker. About the American Samoa soccer side in their 2011 World Cup qualifying match. It wants to be the Cool Runnings on the 2020s but more like …I dunno, some piece of unfunny crap. Directed by Taika Waititi & starring Michael Fassbender, Elizabeth Moss, Will Arnett, Rhys Darby but not a laugh to had anywhere. Badly acted, cheap looking, no drama, no comedy. Terrible.

Apparently was filmed quite a few years back (2020) but the studio had their doubts about it so was only released last year... Taika can be really good but this one just looks pretty tired.

How was Fassbender Tim? He's usually good even in mediocre movies.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Apparently was filmed quite a few years back (2020) but the studio had their doubts about it so was only released last year... Taika can be really good but this one just looks pretty tired.

How was Fassbender Tim? He's usually good even in mediocre movies.
Underwhelming. I think the saying is “dialling it in” but he didn’t have much to work with.

• Haha
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Saw Aussie made film Late Night with the Devil tonight.
Horror schlockfest set on a 70s TV show.
Really enjoyed it.

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Saw The Truth V Alex Jones. Incredible doco. Depressing and infuriating, but brilliant. One thing that amazes me about these leaders of the conspiracy theory movement is how dislikeable and obnoxious they are. Jones, and Trump also, come across as spoilt toddlers. If they were charming and measured I could understand it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Saw 'The Fall Guy' yesterday. A couple of hours of escapist *smile*, that is not cerebral at all.
If you enjoy car chases, & *smile* blowing up it's worth the price of admission.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I know, I know I should've known better but I was bored. So I tried to watch Rebel Moon something. Is it a Start Wars spin-off? Doesn't matter. The worst thing I've seen in years. I got 15 minutes in and couldn't go on. I know that low budget sci-fi isn't going to be cerebral stuff but that is no excuse. Work from the premise that every frame matters - should progress the narrative. At one point they had 5 minutes of slow motion shots of people scything wheat and another 5 minutes of them walking back to town looking all tired but smug. Comical dialogue - but somehow managing to take itself seriously. What on earth? How does this stuff get made over a better movie which could be made by a second year undergraduate student?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I know, I know I should've known better but I was bored. So I tried to watch Rebel Moon something. Is it a Start Wars spin-off? Doesn't matter. The worst thing I've seen in years. I got 15 minutes in and couldn't go on. I know that low budget sci-fi isn't going to be cerebral stuff but that is no excuse. Work from the premise that every frame matters - should progress the narrative. At one point they had 5 minutes of slow motion shots of people scything wheat and another 5 minutes of them walking back to town looking all tired but smug. Comical dialogue - but somehow managing to take itself seriously. What on earth? How does this stuff get made over a better movie which could be made by a second year undergraduate student?

The best part is that it's not low budget, cost USD 166 million 😂😂

The problem is any script involvement by Zack Snyder. He stinks.

• Wow

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Obviously this in depth review means I can keep my record of never having watched a Star Wars movie intact.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Some of the best and most cerebral sci-fi is low budget. Moon, Existenz, Ex-Machina, Primer, Safety Not Guaranteed, Predestination, Coherence, Timecrimes, among others.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Also it was originally pitched as a Star Wars spinoff so yeah... Disney rejected it so Snyder made this half-assed monstrosity anyway