MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Media not at all remorseful about bad mouthing Vlastuin and Grimes. Robbo, Jordan Lewis and Tom Morris all maintaining the belief that they both excessively exaggerated the action. Just watch it the incidents from all angles and in slo-mo and you will see the MRP got them both right 100%

Reactions: 5 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
This is why I keep advocating to go AFL media-free.

How many of you read the articles, tuned into the shows, etc only to get stressed at nonsense?

It was no big deal to me.

Storm in a teacup? Okay, my teacup is in the cupboard.

Go media-free, watch the games, then talk about it on here... you’ll miss nothing!

Reactions: 10 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
This is why I keep advocating to go AFL media-free.

How many of you read the articles, tuned into the shows, etc only to get stressed at nonsense?

It was no big deal to me.

Storm in a teacup? Okay, my teacup is in the cupboard.

Go media-free, watch the games, then talk about it on here... you’ll miss nothing!
But our players might - crucial games that will determine our fate in 2020. Media must be held to account- posters on here helped that to occurr.
We just want a fair go for this club.
The conditions have still been set to get Tom Lynch up before the tribunal for another minor action. Suspended for a final. SHocking!

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
But our players might - crucial games that will determine our fate in 2020. Media must be held to account- posters on here helped that to occurr.
We just want a fair go for this club.
The conditions have still been set to get Tom Lynch up before the tribunal for another minor action. Suspended for a final. SHocking!

Should we fight to control the media by force?

It’s easier and less hassle to learn to ignore it.

Plus, it’s easier because it’s true - they’re a very, very small bubble in the grand scheme of things, so living your life consistent with that is always more natural than treating them like all-powerful gods that need to be pleased so our players don’t get distracted by them and lose football matches.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The media, left unchecked or without balance, shape the court of public opinion. So must be held to account. One of the fundamental planks of democracy. Houli's suspension was doubled as a perfect example some years back for an act that players are getting little or no penalty for in 2020:

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
The media, left unchecked or without balance, shape the court of public opinion. So must be held to account. One of the fundamental planks of democracy. Houli's suspension was doubled as a perfect example some years back for an act that players are getting little or no penalty for in 2020:

That article just re-inforces to me, what a hypocritical twerp McLachlan is, he was the person who intervened in the 1st place. He then has the gall to tell supporters not to boo Houli. Honestly the bloke is an absolute joke as a CEO, Flog. :mad:
As Jack Dyer once said, " I won't say something in case I say something "

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I thought he was going to question the Balta hit on Kennedy!
It was odd Baltas marking attempt where he kneed someone in the head was a free but Liam Ryan’s marking attempt Where he kneed Markov in the head wasn’t.

• Angry
Reactions: 7 users