MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We played a much better, and more professional, team tonight. Look what happened. No need for Lynch to retaliate because West Coast were competing for the ball and not just trying to put us off.

The Balta fly for the ball taking out Kennedy was a free but if you look at Balta he is looking straight at the ball. Went a bit early, which is why it was a free, but nothing more in it.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Reading Parrots column today is worrying.

His take on a week where certain players have been dealt with unfairly (and rightly called out by by the media - in the end) and his view isn't that we need better from the MRO, something more clear and transparent, nope, his view from this is to remove the tribunal. Whats worrying is we know that Parrot is a mouthpiece for the AFL so fair to conclude that this is what Shocking wants.

I couldn't think of anything worse than a player being put on trial, with 1 person to make the decision on their fate, using their individual perception and there being no right to challenge your findings.

Dictatorship anyone????

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

His take on a week where certain players have been dealt with unfairly (and rightly called out by by the media - in the end) and his view isn't that we need better from the MRO, something more clear and transparent, nope, his view from this is to remove the tribunal. Whats worrying is we know that Parrot is a mouthpiece for the AFL so fair to conclude that this is what Shocking wants.

I couldn't think of anything worse than a player being put on trial, with 1 person to make the decision on their fate, using their individual perception and there being no right to challenge your findings.

Dictatorship anyone????

If they gave Dale Weightman the job,

Id be all for it.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Dictatorship anyone????

Would never happen because it would end up in court challenges.

Reactions: 1 users

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Showed baltas fly on kennedy and a neutral supporter said perhaps it could be seen as tunneling as kennedy turned around, thought it was a bit of a stretch

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I see that the MRO is at it's inconsistant best, Toby Greene has been hit with a $1500 fine downgraded to $1000 with an early plea.
His strike on Conca was classed as "low impact".
Can you believe it, how long was Conca inconvenienced for, stuff me. Christian is an incompetent goose.
Last week he sent Lynch to the Tribunal for a hit that a fly would laugh off. That really was "low impact"
I'd like to see Christian hit with both of "strikes" & then tell us which one was low impact.

What a clueless fraud that man is

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I see that the MRO is at it's inconsistant best, Toby Greene has been hit with a $1500 fine downgraded to $100 with an early plea.
His strike on Conca was classed as "low impact".
Can you believe it, how long was Conca inconvenienced for, stuff me. Christian is an incompetent goose.
Last week he sent Lynch to the Tribunal for a hit that a fly would laugh off. That really was "low impact"
I'd like to see Christian hit with both of "strikes" & then tell us which one was low impact.

What a clueless fraud that man is
Christian is too scared to send it to the tribunal so he takes the easy way out.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just read Greenes $500 fine takes him up to $25,000 in fines he’s received in 19 charges.

He seems to be learning a lesson.....

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
De Boer gets fined for "misconduct" against Fyfe.
That's got to hurt given what Fyfe gets away with week in/week out.

• Wow

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Zac Butters. Exciting young player, hope he doesn't miss more than one game.

That's the narrative.
Injury outcome for Simpkin could of been far worse than just concussion. These incidents need to be assessed on the action, not the outcome. Knowing the MRP he'll just get the one week.

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Butters given two weeks.

Zak Butters, Port Adelaide, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Jy Simpkin, North Melbourne, during the third quarter of the Round 16 match between North Melbourne and Port Adelaide, played at Metricon Stadium on Saturday September 5.

In summary he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, High Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a two-match sanction.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Seems fair - to only get one week when you put a player out for the rest of a game doesn’t stack up for me. The pena
should be worse than what is dished out to the other player.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bump (literally...) Why is SHocking taking days to decide if Zac Williams plays against us or not? Maybe the brown paper bag hasn't arrived yet?