MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Christian says he went with the lesser call of careless contact instead of intentional as the contact occurred behind his (Buddy’s) back.

True story.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Also put this in the Oppo discussion.

Buddy given a week.

What a *smile* joke. Classed it as careless. If that's not intentional then nothing is.

Houli's suspension in 2017 is looking like a bigger joke with every passing week.
I'm surprised he got suspended at all. But yes it is very light for that.

But Buddy is the AFL's protected species love child.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Considering what Shuey got away with last week, i reckon Buddy is a bit unlucky. But considering what Buddy has gotten away with in his career he cant complain.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Considering what Shuey got away with last week, i reckon Buddy is a bit unlucky. But considering what Buddy has gotten away with in his career he cant complain.
*smile* him.
He has pushed the envelope all his career.
Don't worry about the elbows watch his knees

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
The AFL need to issue a formal written apology to Bachar Houli.
Staggering. Yet so typical of what the AFL became. A corrupt podunk organisation administered by numpties that seriously lack skill, ability, and courage to do the job at hand. The AFL needs to be wrested from the hands of the corporate gluttons and given to someone that cares.

It is rotten at every orifice.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Swans challenging 1 week ban.

FFS, he can't break the tackle so he goes for the elbow to the face. Should get 4 weeks if the Houli case is an example, possibly more given Houli's was a first offence and this isn't.

Do the AFL seriously wonder why people question their impartiality when such huge disparities in penalties are applied?

I reckon he should probably get 3 weeks, maybe 2, for that. But if Houli's was 4 weeks then this should be 4 weeks. They set the precedent, they should have to live with the consequences.

DS

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
FFS, he can't break the tackle so he goes for the elbow to the face. Should get 4 weeks if the Houli case is an example, possibly more given Houli's was a first offence and this isn't.

Do the AFL seriously wonder why people question their impartiality when such huge disparities in penalties are applied?

I reckon he should probably get 3 weeks, maybe 2, for that. But if Houli's was 4 weeks then this should be 4 weeks. They set the precedent, they should have to live with the consequences.

DS

Houli paid for the incompetency of Christian.

If Christian gave Houli 3 weeks instead of 2, then the footy public would have accepted it. But instead the secretary fiddler declared it manifestly inadequate (the first time in history that the AFL has appealed a tribunal verdict I believe) and gave Houli the extra 2 weeks.

• Angry

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Christian reminds me of a used car salesman that doesn't sell many

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

DS
They set a precedent when they let Frisch off for an elbow to the head. Or Ablett for elbows to the head 2 weeks in a row (they were forced to suspend the little recidivist after the 3rd time).

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They set a precedent when they let Frisch off for an elbow to the head. Or Ablett for elbows to the head 2 weeks in a row (they were forced to suspend the little recidivist after the 3rd time).

Yeah I know, so many precedents, so little consistency.

I think the Gary Ablett Jr ones were when they pulled out they cheat sheet so they knew what to do:

Soldo not ok cropped.jpg

They have trouble following their own precedents when 2 incidents happen 5 minutes apart.

DS

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Of course he got off.

So it's ok to elbow someone if they are behind you now. Swing the elbow if you're being tackled and you'll be fine.

In saying that it's good for us that he's playing as we need essendon to lose.