MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
TOT70 said:
"Franklin was cleared for a second incident that saw him collect Hodge high with a swinging arm, with the MRP deeming the action was not a striking motion and not a reportable offence."

Throwing a punch and connecting high is a real no-no but just swinging an arm and connecting high is Ok.

Unreal. Talk about mealy mouths.

I thought Houli didn't swing his arm in a striking motion also but got 4 wks - I got no idea now

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
year of the tiger said:
I thought Houli didn't swing his arm in a striking motion also but got 4 wks - I got no idea now

Ok, for all those amongst us who are a bit slow on the uptake:

Franklin was just swinging his arm, he was not swinging his arm in a striking motion, he was just swinging it for the laughs you get when you swing your arm for no reason.

Houli was also swinging his arm not in a striking motion, however the difference is in the angle of the swing. Houli swung his arm at less than 15 degrees to the horizontal whereas, quite clearly, Franklin swung his arm at more than 15 degrees. Also, Franklin has a natural arc, so when he swings his arm, he swings it on his arc, not in a straight motion. Actually, no-one can swing their arm in a straight motion, but everyone other than Franklin does not have a natural arc, so they have to TRY to swing it in a straight motion, which Houli clearly failed to do, he swung it on his unnatural arc, not on his natural arc.

This explanation is getting a tad technical now but I am sure you get the gist of it. Houli had to be suspended for a longer period than two weeks, Dangerfield is going to be suspended for one day, because he will appeal and get off tomorrow but justice will have been served as he cannot, under any circumstances play tonight or tomorrow afternoon. The AFL is very strong on this point, not even a Brownlow Medal favourite can play on a Tuesday afternoon unless it is ANZAC Day.

Franklin has to get off because the AFL pay him $50,000 a game and they want to get their money's worth. Nonetheless, he only has 25 free swings left. If he keeps this up, he will suspended for all of December.

Is it clear now?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If geelong don't appeal I'll bet Clangerfield gets very little votes for the rest of the year.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
evo said:
Danger unlucky IMO. It was a tackle without malice.

Yeash don't think he should have gone but Carlton medical staff are the AFL chief laggers. Carlton must have the worst record for being on the receiving end of suspensions - Lee?

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Hopefully Geelong appeal and he gets 2 so misses our game.

I expected him to get a week all along (afl save face), challenge and get off (independent body so no afl blame).

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
evo said:
Yep agree with this, would not be happy if it was Dusty in the same situation. Having said that I will be happy if they rightfully challenge but fail and he cops 2.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
Baloo said:
If geelong don't appeal I'll bet Clangerfield gets very little votes for the rest of the year.

It's ok. Umpires have a backup plan to bring the medal to the Cattery. Give all the votes to Sellwood. He'll be used to the ducking whilst on stage when they put the medal around his neck

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
caesar said:
Yep agree with this, would not be happy if it was Dusty in the same situation. Having said that I will be happy if they rightfully challenge but fail and he cops 2.
Dusty copped 2 fines in 1 game for *smile* all, one more totally insignificant non incident and he too will be ineligible. The AFL has its knickers in a twist at the moment. Imagine that. Both the best and fairest players falling foul of the new leftist rules committee. Clayton Oliver to be awarded the Charlie. What a joke! :clap

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Oh that's right, Dangerfield commented: "Its ok because I didn't mean to hurt him, unfortunately he was concussed when he hit his head on the dressing room wall not when I tackled him. I truly believe that the good guy discount should be applied for me on this occasion, you must all realise that I would not hurt him intentionally."

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Patrick McKernan
I hope he wins the Brownlow by 10 votes but is ineligible
That will be good TV

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
evo said:
Guess Bachar musta put Lamb up against the wall n threatened to behead him to get four weeks then. Wasn't any malice in Bash trying to knock the scraggers arm free, just poor aim in collecting his head n concussing him.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
good guy danger-mouse should cop the one. he pinned the dudes arm and smacked his head into the turf. maybe it was accidental malice? 8-