MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Why don’t they just save time and fine him for the remaining 8 games.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I have only just got my internet working after a 36 hour outage so have still to watch the game but it does seem as though Pickett should just donate part of his wages every week direct to the AFL to save them having to go through the rigmarole of investigating and fining him

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I have only just got my internet working after a 36 hour outage so have still to watch the game but it does seem as though Pickett should just donate part of his wages every week direct to the AFL to save them having to go through the rigmarole of investigating and fining him
Racist bastards IMO.

Reactions: 2 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Genuine query, that baffles me most weeks… how can one player out of a consortium of at least 2, cop the fine for wrestling… is said person putting himself in a full Nelson?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
at least 3 given the ruling of 'careless' I think
Bloody pathetic on the careless ruling. Old school lined him up n put the shoulder block on a player who was wide open. Intentional every day of the week.
At the speed these blokes thought processes n reactions operate Spewart could have easily avoided all contact, or if he'd wanted to make contact n cause some pain, dipped the body n bumped through the ribs.
Reckon the tribunal will avoid any chance of Gilligan getting all outraged n appealing the low penalty for the good bloke card like Bash got. Spewart will get the minimal 3, but with the head supposedly being a sacred site n the play already having moved away from Prestygiocomo he should get 6.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Genuine query, that baffles me most weeks… how can one player out of a consortium of at least 2, cop the fine for wrestling… is said person putting himself in a full Nelson?
One would be the instigator, the other bloke would just be trying to get free or defend himself. Obvious why Foosh jumped in but he was always gunna make a donation to AFL house again.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Fyfe cleared for don't argue on the flog?? I thought just 'touching' these precious petals is automatic suspension no matter what the reason was. How's Toby thinking?
That’s weird. You could raise your arms in their direction without a 50m penalty a couple of weeks ago.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
So the brother of the Geelong coach is the GM football who is directly involved in deciding what position the AFL will take to the tribunal tonight in the Stewart case.

That is the problem - the AFL in incapable of making independent or unbiased decisions and the reason Geelong will get off lightly.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
We can all rest assured that if the tribunal issue an inadequate suspension the AFL will step in and increase it.

:rotfl2

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Listened to the David King /Gerard Whateley discussion re Stewart incident on SEN this morning.

The discussion was led by King, however Whateley supported everything he said. I have changed my opinion of King.

I am paraphrasing:

“Good character, didn’t mean to do it, coach supports him, made a phone call to Dion.....it’s all absolute crap and means nothing in assessing the incident.
Think of Dion who will be carrying the consequences of this hit for not just a couple of weeks but the rest of his life.
Assessed as Careless? Are you kidding me? He ran past the ball and knocked a player out, Intentional every day of the week. King was hoping the tribunal reassessed it as Intentional before hearing the case. A penalty of up to 8 weeks was mentioned by King.”

As I said , Kings thoughts aligned exactly with a lot of ours on PRE.

Just thought I’d share.

Reactions: 11 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Listened to the David King /Gerard Whateley discussion re Stewart incident on SEN this morning.

The discussion was led by King, however Whateley supported everything he said. I have changed my opinion of King.

I am paraphrasing:

“Good character, didn’t mean to do it, coach supports him, made a phone call to Dion.....it’s all absolute crap and means nothing in assessing the incident.
Think of Dion who will be carrying the consequences of this hit for not just a couple of weeks but the rest of his life.
Assessed as Careless? Are you kidding me? He ran past the ball and knocked a player out, Intentional every day of the week. King was hoping the tribunal reassessed it as Intentional before hearing the case. A penalty of up to 8 weeks was mentioned by King.”

Just thought I’d share.
Not as long as 8 weeks, but totally agree. If Hall's intentional hit to Staker was 6 weeks, then that's what I'd prefer.

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Not as long as 8 weeks, but totally agree. If Hall's intentional hit to Staker was 6 weeks, then that's what I'd prefer.
Yep, I was surprised when 8 weeks was mentioned (hope my hearing isn’t failing me).
I’d also be happy with a 6 week suspension.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If they're not willing to introduce the red card to offset a player going down in instances like this, then one game from the suspension should be reserved for the next game the 2 teams meet.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If they're not willing to introduce the red card to offset a player going down in instances like this, then one game from the suspension should be reserved for the next game the 2 teams meet.
No
Your making him out to be a superstar
He did play in the 2020 GF and he was completely shut down by flappers after half time.
The minimum for the bump is 5 weeks and fingers crossed he comes back and does a a hammy.
*smile* him

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

I am paraphrasing:

Just thought I’d share.
Kingsight has been good recently. Quite open in his criticism of the AFL.

Reactions: 3 users