MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Not a bad haul from the Tigers this week by the AFL $3000 and a ban. All for something either apparently accidental or not malicious. At leats they obviously took pity on Marlion this week and left him alone

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The AFL app says Vlastuin gut punched West Coast spud but has been suspended for “high” contact!

WTF??

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Also, how the hell did Jonas get a fine for his bump that was worse than Picketts bump when he got a week??

Just going back on the Jonas one. When Pickett went to the tribunal, we were told that he didn't get off because the minimum grading for head high contact from a bump is medium and you cannot argue this down. This weekend proved that was *smile*. Jonas got Aish with a bump, head high and was graded low impact hence whgy he only got a fine.

What a complete crock of *smile*.

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Madness. The only thing consistent about the AFL is their desire to punish the tigers.
Did Dimma come out with a glowing character report on 360? Tell everyone what a terrific guy nick is and he definitely didn’t mean to hit the wet coke player?

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Do any other teams get reamed every week like we do?

It's a farce, every week they find something to fine a Richmond player for.

DS

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Do any other teams get reamed every week like we do?

It's a farce, every week they find something to fine a Richmond player for.

DS
Richmond- Keeping the AFL afloat since 2017

I‘m submitting that to the AFL as their new marketing slogan

Think about it. crowd numbers, tv ratings, membership numbers, media coverage ( eg Dusty out of contract 2017- is he staying or going?. Dusty still in contract 2022- is he staying or going?). Financially ( has any other club been fined so heavily in that period? ( take out individual player fines, spa-gate, kebab-gate). But if anyone has the time, knowledge and inclination,I would love to know what each team has been fined in that period. I would bet my house we would top the ladder on that count

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
It’s not the MRP it’s the RRP (Richmond Review Panel)
Our players especially Pickett are put under the microscope by the AFL more than any other team

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
This is becoming a farce. Especially for Marlion.

Excessive fines administered arbitrarily and subjectively by a single person working for the AFL could severely undermine the salary cap as an equalisation tool.

Do all clubs receive weekly fines like we do? Who makes the decision?

Is there transparency over this process? Can the public view data to keep the AFL accountable? I'd like to see data for incidents cited, which teams are involved, by TV time slot / day, etc. but I think I already know the answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users