MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Paul Williams and Shane Wakelin on the tribunal - both ex Collingwoodmplayers. What a surprise that the ban stands!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Way better. Vlad was consistent, and honest and decisive, regardless of if you liked what he was consistent and honest and decisive about. Gill is a vaccillating, suckhole jellyback. Chalk and cheese.
Honest? Vlad?

Need I remind you about the Essendon drugs saga? That was his watch and orchestrated by him.
The same guy who told the Tigers to stay out of the Judd deal and let him get to Carlton or he'd bring in Free Agency faster?
The same guy who oversaw the Tanking investigations at Melbourne and Carlton?

Gee, I love revisionist history. Vlad was 100x more authoritarian than Gil and just as bent.

Let's stop pretending the league has changed. It's been broken like this since Oakley.

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Honest? Vlad?

Need I remind you about the Essendon drugs saga? That was his watch and orchestrated by him.
The same guy who told the Tigers to stay out of the Judd deal and let him get to Carlton or he'd bring in Free Agency faster?
The same guy who oversaw the Tanking investigations at Melbourne and Carlton?

Gee, I love revisionist history. Vlad was 100x more authoritarian than Gil and just as bent.

Let's stop pretending the league has changed. It's been broken like this since Oakley.

Fair points all. Way better was an overstatement, and the drugs saga, you're right, it happened when he was in the chair and he bailed to let GM deal with the mess. But, he gave it to us straight and maintained a consistent line. I often hated his line. But it was leadership. Gill hasn't got a leaders bone in his body.

like him or not, and I didn't, but Vlad was a streetfighter, GM is a silver spoon in mouth sook.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Paul Williams and Shane Wakelin on the tribunal - both ex Collingwoodmplayers. What a surprise that the ban stands!
Good pick up doing the rounds on twitter that Wakelin said on roaming Brian after Pies Geelong that the Pies win was brilliant and that he hoped they could go one step further this year.

Might be ground for an appeal to be upheld there based on lack of fairness and bias.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Fair points all. Way better was an overstatement, and the drugs saga, you're right, it happened when he was in the chair and he bailed to let GM deal with the mess. But, he gave it to us straight and maintained a consistent line. I often hated his line. But it was leadership. Gill hasn't got a leaders bone in his body.

like him or not, and I didn't, but Vlad was a streetfighter, GM is a silver spoon in mouth sook.
Vlad an honest straight shooter? He’s a corrupt greedy *smile*. How about his involvement in the Acquire collapse?

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
AFL are just taking the proverbial. Why would you have Wakelin and Williams on this particular panel?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
AFL are just taking the proverbial. Why would you have Wakelin and Williams on this particular panel?

And Michael Christian the MRO. But these guys have absolutely nothing in common. As we all know, where the AFL is concerned, there could never be a conflict of interest.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Those corrupt sly pricks are all the same.

Same types on the whole that become, Councillors and Politicians snivelling ,charletans who are in it only for self interest and nest feathering.