MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

I hadn't seen the incident so I searched for it.

He looks at the Freo player and then elbows him in the face.

This is a complete joke, although not at all a surprise.

DS

Hawkins throws an elbow and strikes an unsuspecting opponent in the neck and gets off after they change it from high contact to body contact.

The Cats were successful in their bid to have Hawkins' charge for striking Fremantle's Luke Ryan with a stray elbow downgraded to body contact (as opposed to high contact)

Under tribunal guidelines, "high contact is not limited to contact to the head and includes contact above the shoulders".

Jeff Gleeson QC, for the AFL, claimed "the neck is above the shoulders, at least on most of us".

Soldo's was considered high contact when he struck Worpel in the neck defending himself. In both cases neither opponent required medical treatment.

Spin that wheel!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
If anyone was under any further illusions whether Christian should be there, the decision today on Mayes has confirmed that he has to go.

He has left the door open for Port to appeal now because he graded it as careless. If that wasn't intentional I'm not sure you can actually say anything on the field is. The ball was well gone, you saw Mayes eyes never left Dunkley (ie, they didn't follow the ball), his body position never showed any indication of doing anything other than collecting Dunkley.

I was expecting Intentional, low impact, high contact which would be the same penalty but to not grade it intentional is ridiculous IMO.

If anyone was under any further illusions whether Christian should be there, the decision today on Mayes has confirmed that he has to go.
just had a look. wow. Mayes lined him up and connected. that's intentional all day.
Christian climbs further up the idiot ladder... is he mates with Koch (another idiot) ?

just had a look. wow. Mayes lined him up and connected. that's intentional all day.
Christian climbs further up the idiot ladder... is he mates with Koch (another idiot) ?

Yeah I don't understand it. He never once looked at the ball, how could it be careless?

Jack gets a fine for the hit on jonas and another one on rockclif, dusty & marlion a fine also. But young diver gets nothing

Four fines

Jack $1500 for punching Jonas in the balls
Jack $1500 for "rough conduct" against Rockliff (can't remember this one)
Dusty $1750 for striking Rockliff
Pickett $1500 for front-on contact with Powell-Pepper

Four fines

Jack $1500 for punching Jonas in the balls
Jack $1500 for "rough conduct" against Rockliff (can't remember this one)
Dusty $1750 for striking Rockliff
Pickett $1500 for front-on contact with Powell-Pepper
This is getting ridiculous.

• Angry
Ward came out and said he played for it ... that means staging...

Reactions: 2 users
Jack Riewoldt, Dustin Martin and Marlion Pickett have been charged by the AFL's Match Review Officer following the review of Saturday's loss to Port Adelaide.

Charges Laid:

Jack Riewoldt, Richmond, has been charged with Striking Tom Jonas, Port Adelaide, during the first quarter of the Round 11 match between Port Adelaide and Richmond, played at Adelaide Oval on Saturday August 8.

In summary he can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct with Low Impact and Groin Contact. The incident was classified as a $2500 sanction as a second offence. The player can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Jack Riewoldt, Richmond, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Tom Rockliff, Port Adelaide, during the first quarter of the Round 11 match between Port Adelaide and Richmond, played at Adelaide Oval on Saturday August 8.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $2500 sanction as a second offence. The player can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Dustin Martin, Richmond, has been charged with Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction) Tom Rockliff, Port Adelaide, during the fourth quarter of the Round 11 match between Port Adelaide and Richmond, played at Adelaide Oval on Saturday August 8.

In summary, he can accept a $1750 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $2500 sanction as a third offence. The player can accept a $1750 sanction with an early plea.

Marlion Pickett, Richmond, has been charged with Forceful Front-On Contact against Sam Powell-Pepper, Port Adelaide, during the fourth quarter of the Round 11 match between Port Adelaide and Richmond, played at Adelaide Oval on Saturday August 8.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a as a $2500 sanction as a second offence. The player can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Jack gets a fine for the hit on jonas and another one on rockclif, dusty & marlion a fine also. But young diver gets nothing
Par for the course; it's Richmond. The AFL rides on our coat tails whether it be revenue from match day attendances or ridiculous fines for our players.

How that Port player Wood Duck didn't get fined for staging is beyond me. Biggest staging act I've seen all year.

But for some reason the AFL is hellbent on rogering its cash cow at every opportunity.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Shuey kicking Curnows legs as he runs past was more dangerous than Jack, Dusty and Marlion combined.

I bet it's ignored

I used to giggle when people said there's an anti-richmond agenda coming from the AFL. Now I'm not so sure.

Reactions: 2 users