MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Well Kingee doing some of his best work for Hawkins....

"At first I thought it was a week.... but having seen it again. ... I'm going for the lesser penalty"

The expert KING of hindsight strikes again!

Reactions: 1 user

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd

"At first I thought it was a week.... but having seen it again. ... I'm going for the lesser penalty"

How can anyone in their right mind think that is less than a week. King hit, behind play, not expecting it, he goes down and stays down and then finally gets up looking dazed.

Reactions: 2 users

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
How can anyone in their right mind think that is less than a week. King hit, behind play, not expecting it, he goes down and stays down and then finally gets up looking dazed.
...King hit,???? dont think so, sure a week is pretty accurate, if it was a king hit the bloke would have been knocked out at the very least

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
It really is a strange world when tapping the arm of a player is considered "not in the spirit of the game" and yet we have a commentator suggesting a technicality that may get a player off after a round house punch to the face that landed with a certain degree of venom. Ludicrous!

Reactions: 6 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley

No doubt the AFL simply approaches their band of sicophants to change the narative in order to soften the public view before the inevitable reversal of the decision.

Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
...King hit,???? dont think so, sure a week is pretty accurate, if it was a king hit the bloke would have been knocked out at the very least

Houli got 4 for a reckless arm IN PLAY.

I think the closest examples are Gaff on Brayshaw (reckless swing BEHIND PLAY) 7 weeks and Hall on Staker ( was that 7 or 8?)

Tomahawk is lucky Schofield has a tough noggin and he didn't milk it. Joel Selwood would still be on the ground with head involuntarily jerking backwards every 19 seconds.

Anyway Tribunal's decision will be nothing to see here. Severe reprimand and Tommy be a good boy and stop whacking blokes from behind when the ball is nowhere in sight. Ooh and here's a balloon before you go and good luck against those nasty tigeeees... weeeehhh!!

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
It really is a strange world when tapping the arm of a player is considered "not in the spirit of the game" and yet we have a commentator suggesting a technicality that may get a player off after a round house punch to the face that landed with a certain degree of venom. Ludicrous!
Baby Huey punched him clear as day. The damage shouldnt matter - the act of punching a bloke on field is what the AFL (should) want to stamp out of the game.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Not a king hit in the classic sense. Was Schofield expecting to be hit, though? Was he looking at Hawkins? Wasn't the cleanest punch,. otherwise he might've been KO'd.

In some important respects it fits the definition.

A lot like this infamous one, except the ball wasn't anywhere near them.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I wonder if hitting a bloke from behind is a good look for the game.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Baby Huey punched him clear as day. The damage shouldnt matter - the act of punching a bloke on field is what the AFL (should) want to stamp out of the game.

What about the good bloke discount? Is Lingy on this panel?. He'll set them straight.

• Haha

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
No way it gets overturned tonight. 1 week will stand.
Although I think Greene is a grub. I hope his appeal works. Anything to not let Collingwood an easy run to the GF.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
No way it gets overturned tonight. 1 week will stand.
Although I think Greene is a grub. I hope his appeal works. Anything to not let Collingwood an easy run to the GF.

Greene's a grub alright. Even speaks like a gangster. But they have to catch him in the act, and they didn't quite manage to do it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Greene is a grub but if the AFL let him off with a fine last week then they can't ban him this week.

Hawkins deserves more than a week IMHO. Cowards punch and he has form.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
You watch both will get off.

I have no faith in Christian or the AFL as a whole.

Toby shouldn’t have played last week= Brisvegas wins

He will cop a fine again.

Hawkins will get off too! Downgraded to careless and they will argue in play. Wasn’t how Hall got got off?

I think there's a good chance that they'll both get off too.

Gil is desperate for GWS to be successful, and Greene will need to play for them to have any chance against the Filth.

So to prevent a meltdown at G&GFS, Hawkins will get off too.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think there's a good chance that they'll both get off too.

Gil is desperate for GWS to be successful, and Greene will need to play for them to have any chance against the Filth.

So to prevent a meltdown at G&GFS, Hawkins will get off too.
While Gil wants a successful GWS, the thought of a Tigers v Pies Grand Final will have Gil weak at the knees. Massive revenue generator for the AFL.

Let the GWS Grand Final be against an interstate side or a poorly supported Vic team like Norf or Geelong

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Hawkins suspension will stand, reckon Greene will get off though.
Hawkins is indefensible off the ball.
With Greene's the mistake was made last week. Stupid AFL gits set the precedent of what's acceptable.
It was no worse.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Apparently Neale was treated for an injury around the eyes so that might count against young Tobes

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Can we please stop calling it a "king hit"
It is a cowards punch. Schofield wasn't expecting it. It was behind play.

Hawkins should have got a couple given where the punch occurred. The fact Schofield wasn't wrapping his arms around Hawkins after the game should be enough to see it was a *smile* act.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Apparently Neale was treated for an injury around the eyes so that might count against young Tobes

It's an interesting one.
Fagan told Whateley this morning that Neale said that contact was around the nose area.
It shouldn't matter, Greene had no right to be reaching under a pack to make contact to Neale's face.

Reactions: 1 user