MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The week should and did stand, what about all the posters who said Shocking being an ex cat, would ensure he got off...... just asking!

Fair point ACatMan . . . but, the MRP, and the tribunal for that matter, have been incredibly inconsistent. Soldo raised his arm while running back to the centre because an opposition player deliberately went out of his way to run into Soldo's path, he got a week. Abblett elbowed a couple of players in a far more deliberate manner and did not get suspended. I can't remember the player but I seem to remember a Collingwood player getting rubbed out for a pretty minor incident. Hawkins reached around and whacked someone, back in the bad old days when a lot more players got thumped that would have been at least 2 weeks. There was debate over whether Hawkins would get off, how could there be debate if there was any level of consistency? It was a clear hit to the head off the ball - yes you appeal before a Preliminary Final but the fact that anyone could entertain the idea that he was a chance to get off just shows how inconsistent they are.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Usually don't mind Jimmy Bartel, but he's become another salty (ex) Geelong flog on this issue.
Claims Greene is being "victimised" by the AFL. Give me a ****** break

It's a load of crap, witch hunt, victimised....

This isn't 10-15 instances of the same thing happening on a weekend and them only picking out Greene, he is the only player doing it, because the hundreds of other players in the AFL know not to make contact with a players face.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
It's a load of crap, witch hunt, victimised....

This isn't 10-15 instances of the same thing happening on a weekend and them only picking out Greene, he is the only player doing it, because the hundreds of other players in the AFL know not to make contact with a players face.
And the hundreds of other players aren’t undiagnosed psychopaths either...

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
What annoyed me about all of this was that all the talk immediately surrounded the punishment being either one or two weeks. It set the expectation.

Having just watched the behind the goals footage of this, there is no difference in the action between this, the Gaff/Brayshaw incident, and the Houli/lamb incident (even though Houli wasn't even looking at his opponent).

This should have been talked about as 6 - 8 weeks.

One is absurd.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Tribunal deliberating on Toby.

He'll be given the green light to pop Maynard's eye out within 10 minutes :banana

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Hmmm Greens ban upheld.

No win here for the Tigers. softer run in for the Mapies, or Greene comes in fresh for a GF.

Bit of a *smile* decision

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Guess they were told in no uncertain terms not to contradict Christian and Hocking's wishes.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
They're going to appeal...again?? How does this work?

I'm on GWS' side, shouldn't be banned.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
This is BS at the highest order!

What I will say is what we’ve seen in recent weeks in the AFL is a move away from suspensions.
you want the best players out there playing so where’s the consistency with that?

Bloody Bull *smile*!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The AFL have monumentally ****** this right up.

GWS should go to the top with this.

I reckon they will.

No way can you miss a prelim cause of an ambiguous, slight possibility of a potential brush of a disputed facial area,

that had no consequences.