MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Have watched it a few times. Looks real bad in slow motion.
In real time think he's protecting his own face as Powell is propelled forward.
Also Powell wasn't concussed & played out the game.
I'm ok with no suspension.
Protecting his face is a massive stretch.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I wonder if a certain Geelong player will be cited for the hip to the head on Mansell or not. I suspect not and we will not hear a squeak from the media caravan.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I wonder if a certain Geelong player will be cited for the hip to the head on Mansell or not. I suspect not and we will not hear a squeak from the media caravan.
It's Duckwood and the media have said it's accidental. SHocking will throw it out. Done. Suffer Richmond.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

more chance of Peter Dutton adopting a disabled refugee baby straight off the trawler I reckon.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
More likely that Mansell will cop another fine for headbutting

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tom Brown tried to raise it with Dimma in the after much but Dimma just dismissed him with a wave of the hand saying he’s not interested.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Tom Brown tried to raise it with Dimma in the after much but Dimma just dismissed him with a wave of the hand saying he’s not interested.
Just heard Browne say Selwood did nothing wrong and is likely to get off because he didn't lay a bump. Splitting hairs I reckon when Selwood has approached a bloke with his head over the ball and turned side-on at the point of contact. The rule is "bumps or makes forceful contact to an opposition player from front-on when that player has their head down over the football". *smile* guilty and has to get a week. If not I'm going on strike.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Finnlayson in trouble for a whack behind the ear of a druggie. 1 week...

we need every bit of help we can get over the next month.

the bloke jumped straight up so

intentional/high/low impact

is that a week? should be.

blokes other than tom Hawkins cant go around elbowing blokes in the neck

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Similar in a lot of ways to Trent and Shiel but there will be no witch-hunt this time around.
Except trent hit shield shoulder first and got the ball as he hit him.
Selwood didnt get the ball or touch any part of mansell apart from his head.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
media narrative is that Finlayson will get a fine.

even though the footage shows him running 20m and gritting his teeth and trying to detach ferrets ear from his head, with his elbow.

so he'll get a fine

what is Deliberate/high Contact/low impact worth?

cause thats unequivocally what it is.

in English, he tried to take his head off and missed

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hocking got off as mooted by Arse Browne. The game has become too contrived for me, won't be attending games until further notice.

BUMPS OR MAKES FORCEFUL CONTACT TO AN OPPOSITION PLAYER FROM FRONT-ON WHEN THAT PLAYER HAS THEIR HEAD DOWN OVER THE FOOTBALL

Do these *smile* read their own *smile*?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Hocking got off as mooted by Arse Browne. The game has become too contrived for me, won't be attending games until further notice.

BUMPS OR MAKES FORCEFUL CONTACT TO AN OPPOSITION PLAYER FROM FRONT-ON WHEN THAT PLAYER HAS THEIR HEAD DOWN OVER THE FOOTBALL

Do these *smile* read their own *smile*?
It is odd how the journos very accurately predict these outcomes.

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
Cotchin & Selwood's bumps exactly the same, both went lower and harder, both had hands on the ball at time of impact. The correct outcome is no suspension, the only difference is that they will not still be bringing up Selwood's hit on Mansell 4 years later every time someone gets bumped in the head

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Cotchin & Selwood's bumps exactly the same, both went lower and harder, both had hands on the ball at time of impact. The correct outcome is no suspension, the only difference is that they will not still be bringing up Selwood's hit on Mansell 4 years later every time someone gets bumped in the head
In this picture Mansell has his hands on the ball and Selwood is arriving late. Selwood uses his body to knock/block Mansell off the ball. It's clearly a dangerous approach, I'd even suggest a textbook example of a situation the rule is supposed to prevent.

Reactions: 4 users

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
In this picture Mansell has his hands on the ball and Selwood is arriving late. Selwood uses his body to knock/block Mansell off the ball. It's clearly a dangerous approach, I'd even suggest a textbook example of a situation the rule is supposed to prevent.
I think you would find exactly the same with Cotchin & Shiel