MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Listened to the David King /Gerard Whateley discussion re Stewart incident on SEN this morning.

The discussion was led by King, however Whateley supported everything he said. I have changed my opinion of King.

I am paraphrasing:

“Good character, didn’t mean to do it, coach supports him, made a phone call to Dion.....it’s all absolute crap and means nothing in assessing the incident.
Think of Dion who will be carrying the consequences of this hit for not just a couple of weeks but the rest of his life.
Assessed as Careless? Are you kidding me? He ran past the ball and knocked a player out, Intentional every day of the week. King was hoping the tribunal reassessed it as Intentional before hearing the case. A penalty of up to 8 weeks was mentioned by King.”

As I said , Kings thoughts aligned exactly with a lot of ours on PRE.

Just thought I’d share.
Went hard on it on First Crack as well. If that’s graded as careless, the only thing they can grade as intentional is Barry Hall or Andrew Gaff type incidents. Joke.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Clearly intentional. If it was a player, it would be a fine but because it's a precious flog, 10 weeks.
he should get 2 or 3 weeks i reckon. he deliberately pushed a player into the ump to gain an advantage- in this case an easy goal.
if it is just a fine it opens the door for others to do it. and umps should be protected in these circumstances. players should be expected to be aware of who is around them, umps should be allowed to concentrate on the game, and what is directly in front of them.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Could still get nothing. Like Lynch.
I reckon they'll take an hour to work it out. At one point Hipwood was looking at the ball away from player and flog, but the push looks intentional as he must have lateral vision noticing the two were close to each other. Who knows.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Listened to the David King /Gerard Whateley discussion re Stewart incident on SEN this morning.

The discussion was led by King, however Whateley supported everything he said. I have changed my opinion of King.

I am paraphrasing:

“Good character, didn’t mean to do it, coach supports him, made a phone call to Dion.....it’s all absolute crap and means nothing in assessing the incident.
Think of Dion who will be carrying the consequences of this hit for not just a couple of weeks but the rest of his life.
Assessed as Careless? Are you kidding me? He ran past the ball and knocked a player out, Intentional every day of the week. King was hoping the tribunal reassessed it as Intentional before hearing the case. A penalty of up to 8 weeks was mentioned by King.”

As I said , Kings thoughts aligned exactly with a lot of ours on PRE.

Just thought I’d share.

I think he has a bit of hate for the Scott Brothers, especially Brad, wasn't it Brad that tried to line King up when he was a boundary rider in his last game at North.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Marlion been fined $1500 by the MRP.

Not yet but it'll come I'm sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Marlion been fined $1500 by the MRP.

Not yet but it'll come I'm sure.
Sadly, the greedy bastards couldn't find anything convincing, but maybe because a few others looked like better incidents to gain money from. Soldo for tripping!!!!!!! FMD!!!!!

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Soldo tripping, Vlastuin 1 match for striking.

What s crock.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users