Music download program? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Music download program?

A

admin

Does anyone know of a program where you can download full cd's.
I download individual songs with Kazaa which freezes my computer fairly often, but read somewhere that there are sites you can download complete cd's..

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
This is a good topic for me Rosy, as i have just joined the 21st century and started to download stuff and burn CDs. Burned my first CD the other day - doesn't take me long to catch onto new technology - better 10 years late than never.

I would like to know the best programs for burning CDs from people - keep it simple for me folks, my mind is technically illiterate.

Cheers

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I suggest you try WinMX Rosy you have to download it but its worth it. Then you can get music movies pictures whatever you like and all free. I have it and it seems that just about any song you can think of someone on there has it!
I am currently building my song collection while await my late chrissy present of a cd burner from my lovely sister ;D
anyway i think its www.winmx.com but if not just try searching for winmx in yahoo or whatever.

CrouchinTiger

"May the Funk be with you" George Clinton
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Froars it all depends on what you want to do with music and computers, but I presume you have a program if you are already burning cd's but I find the Adaptec Easy Cd Creator 4 the best for what I need to do. ;D

I burn heaps of Cd's and find no problems at all. Currently I'm about to burn the most important one. My own demo Cd ( singer/songwriter) and when she's done I'd be happy to send Rosy and Co one to have a listen. ;)

Back to the topic though, there are so many programs but find the one that you find easiest to use and you'll be burning it up in no time......

A

admin

Td thanks for that.  I've downloaded it and am happily burning away, ha.
I typed Grateful Dead in the search and got 1400 results.
I'd tried Kazaa and only got 66 results.
The thing I like about WinMX is that other things on the computer still work while I download.
With the other program, even just listening to music on it made pages extremely slow to open and they often wouldn't open at all.

Froars, I use Roxio Easy CD Creator.  The guy who built the computer for me installed it.  I did a search cos I thought I had Adaptec easy cd creator 5 and it's on here too.

CT, Look forward to hearing the demo  :)

froars

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I've basically just copied all my CDs over to my computer and started downloading from Kazaa - takes ages hey.

Just been using the program that comes with the computer (Windows Media Player) to burn them then onto CD - seems to work pretty good.

But I don't know how to create playlists which calculates how much time is on each playlist - does Windows Media Player do that or do i need other software.

froars

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Ignore above - i just worked it out ;D

What a clever girl hey Rosy - technological genius lol