Music gear | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Music gear

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Hey guys. I’m a guitarist who’s played in bands throughout the years. Just wondering if there’s any other Musos amongst the PRE faithful. Thought I’d start a thread for those who want to share their gear setups.
I currently play a MIM fender Jazz master through a fender blues junior valve amp. My pedals include a harmonic generator intermodulater, a electroharmonix hot wax pedal, an mxr reverb unit and a Dunlop cry baby wah. I play pretty much early 90’s inspired music, ie mudhoney, sonic youth, screaming tress’s ect.
Anyway expect to get very few responses but yell out if your a drummer, bassist, guitarist, keyboard player or whatever your musical poison may be.

Reactions: 4 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
That goes for dj Jazzy Pete as well. Would love to hear about your setup.

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Hey Kyuss, great thread. I'm a keyboardist, singer, harmonica player, and pretend to play guitar although I hate bar chords.

All my music gear is quite old these days, I'm currently using a Roland RD300GX keyboard which is doing the job for the pub gigs I've been playing lately, but I've got my eye the Yamaha YC88 which has some sweet organ capabilities which my keyboard lacks. I did have my own PA using a Behringer PMP3000 mixer/amp and a couple of Yamaha 500w speakers but the mixer died on me recently and apparently can't be repaired But the band I'm playing in now has their own PA so I'm getting away without it.

Reactions: 2 users

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Cool Tread thanks Kyuss, yeah .Play guitar and trumpet and create compose a lot of my stuff with /on Ableton live with a M audio Axium air 32 midi controller keyboard
Trumpet is a 1958 Olds .. great trumpet .
Ok Dj gear . Have my Numark Ns6 2 controller and a Numark Party mix 2 as a back up controller
Speakers 2 x15 in Mackie Thump tops and a Behringer Eurolive VQ1500D 15 in Active PA Subwoofer and some nice UHF wireless mics, lights etc .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Wildcat

Tiger Superstar
Oct 25, 2012
Im a sound engineer and a drummer. We almost have the full package

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
You blokes have got 2 weeks to get together, rehearse and be on stage for the VIII PRE C&C event at the London tavern on the 26th. Hop to it.

• Haha

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
You blokes have got 2 weeks to get together, rehearse and be on stage for the VIII PRE C&C event at the London tavern on the 26th. Hop to it.
Sounds good , be a good crowd, great venue . Be a great band BT tiger , Kryss , Wildcat , JazzyPete . I can dj between sets ( any requests ?) However might be expensive flying me in :LOL:.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Sounds good , be a good crowd, great venue . Be a great band BT tiger , Kryss , Wildcat , JazzyPete . I can dj between sets ( any requests ?) However might be expensive flying me in :LOL:.
Maybe you can DJ via Zoom…..

• Haha

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Hey @kyuss - I’m a chronic home recorder and sometimes space jammer and play with a very talented but erratic mate. I play a Japanese squier jag master / sometimes maton sapphire through a blues junior. Just sold my vox ac15 as it’s too damn heavy! I’m a fan of spacemen 3, loop, shoegaze genre, shellac, fugazi, the church. Lots of delays and tremolo is my go. Thanks for starting this thread! Sorry it took me so long to respond. Good to read that other posters play too!

Edit. And praise be to the jazz master. I’m a big fan of My bloody valentine’s early, nasty work and the buzzy harmonies that sonic youth and outher noise makers use it for. I’m also a big Roland Howard fan so I tend towards the duel pickup jaguar for that tone difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I recently bought my 1st electric guitar so no cool setups like you guys, but my goal for 2023 is to learn to play some cool rock songs. I think my 1st is going to be The World is Ugly by My Chemical Romance as its a fairly easy song to learn, but should be a good one to play.

Any tips would be widely appreciated :D

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I recently bought my 1st electric guitar so no cool setups like you guys, but my goal for 2023 is to learn to play some cool rock songs. I think my 1st is going to be The World is Ugly by My Chemical Romance as its a fairly easy song to learn, but should be a good one to play.

Any tips would be widely appreciated :D
It’s a matter of taste mostly @mrposhman I recommend doing your own thing and ask other players when buying gear. If you already play acoustic guitar it’s a good transition and you should be miles ahead of a hack like me. It’s particularly satisfying when you find someone to play with who you really gel with.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It’s a matter of taste mostly @mrposhman I recommend doing your own thing and ask other players when buying gear. If you already play acoustic guitar it’s a good transition and you should be miles ahead of a hack like me. It’s particularly satisfying when you find someone to play with who you really gel with.
I tried to learn acoustic about 15 years ago and it didn't go well. I love guitars though so I've decided to give it another crack but this time with electric as I prefer music with an electric guitar so hoping it engages me more.