My Football Team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

My Football Team

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Who does/did everybody play for?

I play for Narre Warren magpies in the youth girls league. We are on 5 wins and 5 losses at the moment. We might miss the finals now because all games were cancelled on Saturday morning because of the fog and we needed the points for a win. I used to play in the backline but was moved to the forward line about 4 weeks ago because i missed a few games on crutches because of an ankle injury. I have kicked 6.0 for the year in 7 games this year.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
That's interesting checkers.  Is there still an age limit for girls to be able to play footy in Vic?  My son lives with someone who plays in a senior girls league in Canberra.  I hope the rest of the games fall your way so you can sneak into the finals. I also hope the Richmond forward scouts are keeping an eye on you with that accuracy.

I played a couple of hit and giggle games many years ago for Camperdown Magpies.  Just a bit if fun as a curtain or fund raiser from memory.  I'm glad certain PREnders weren't watching or I would have been heckled for being a dud.  Could hardly run for laughing.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
rosy23 said:
That's interesting checkers. Is there still an age limit for girls to be able to play footy in Vic? My son lives with someone who plays in a senior girls league in Canberra. I hope the rest of the games fall your way so you can sneak into the finals. I also hope the Richmond forward scouts are keeping an eye on you with that accuracy.
I used to play for Rowville in a mixed team and the age limit for that is 14. ATM i play in the U18 league but there is also a womens league.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Well we ended up in the finals afterall.
We finished 4th out of 7 teams and have our first final this week. We play the top team though and they havent lost a game yet this year so its not looking good.

Curtiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 26, 2004
Moreland, Melbourne
Good luck, Checkers. Hope you're in top nick for the finals.

I play for Fitzroy Reds U/19's this year. It's been a difficult year and I've struggled to make the full commitment to the side, what with the many pressures that year 12 holds, but I've made myself available to fill in for the many injured players on our side. Our team is sitting clear on top by a few points and we won last Sat by 20 odd goals, even with a few crook guys on the field..

I can't imagine playing for a better team or being part of a nicer community. Very understanding people who enjoy footy and each others' company.

Finals are fast approaching and we're still struggling to field a full side, which is why I and other part-timers are getting a gig. I only hope I can find time to do my bit off the track in the following weeks as well as on gameday.

Go Roys!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
checkside said:
Well we ended up in the finals afterall.

Good work on making the finals checkers. Best wishes for the game, hope it's fun.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
ronnit said:
so...how did checkside go??????

Lost the final and found out after it i played with a broken hand :-\ Im fairly injury prone.

Playing for a new club nexr year because the coach had no idea, suprisingly his daughter won the best and fairest and the other the best trainers award ::)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha checkers..it's not all that uncommon for coaches kids to with the awards unfortunately. Hve had plenty of experience witht hat throughout junior footy. I don't understand how anyone can do it. I tend to be harder on my kids so I don't be seen to be favouring them. They might be deserving of votes but unless they play an absolute blinder where the votes pick themselves I usually give them to others.

Good luck with your new team next year and remember to keep us up to date with your progess throughout the year.

ronnit

Tiger Superstar
Sep 25, 2007
that bis a hard position to be in. i am a about to coach my daughters netball team and am worried about favoring her but also dont want ot go the other way...luckily the umpires give the bog awards...but what if i feel she deserves an award at the end of the season??? like most improved or club person etc? i dont want her to miss out cos i am coach..:(

sorry to hear about your broken bones check!!!

Bunnerz85

Tiger Superstar
Feb 13, 2005
footy season is almost upon us again!

where is everyone playing this year?

i was fortunate enough to get an invite to train with Port Melbourne and made the list, so thats where I am at this year.

Been playing a few praccy matches, and have won both games so far....
Have an Intra-Club match this week.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Bunnerz85 said:
footy season is almost upon us again!

where is everyone playing this year?

i was fortunate enough to get an invite to train with Port Melbourne and made the list, so thats where I am at this year.

Been playing a few praccy matches, and have won both games so far....
Have an Intra-Club match this week.
good luck to yer Bunnerz, hope you can get a few kicks mate. Head down, a... up, work hard and hopefully the rewards will come your way.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Good on you Bunz.
I'm still having a kick for an expat team here in Thailand.
Undefeated so far and I'm kicking a few goals.

Still I'm only a serious injury away from retirement...

All good fun though.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Well done Bunnerz.

The plan was to still play for Narre girls team but i broke my big toe yesterday and am on crutches for 6 weeks so not sure if i am playing again or not at the moment.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Keep us informed about your progress throughout the year Bunnerz.

Haha checkers you weren't exagerating about being injury prone.  Get well soon  :grouphug

My playing days are gone but I follow the teams my kids play for pretty closely.  Might have a new one to the list this year.  #1 son plans on having a run with the Beijing Bombers when they take on those dreaded Shanghai Tigers. :hihi

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004
Played my first game in over a year for the Daylesford reserves side Friday night in a lightning premiership thing in Maryborough. We got pumped by like 10 goals but we were playing a senior team from the Loddon Valley league.

Personally, as I'm only 19, I got pushed around a bit, but in about 3 quarters of playing time I managed 5-6 touches probably and set up one of our 5 goals, so not all bad. Was my first game against 'men', so will only get better hopefully. If I can I'll try and keep you updated on how the season pans out...

tannerztigers

He will Conca the world
Jul 4, 2006
Jan Juc
Had 3 close games so far this year.

Game one my mob (U/18 Torquay Tigers) won by 4 points. Was away at Surf Lifesaving Titles and missed that one.

Game two won by 3 points, was 36 points up at 3/4 time.

Game three which was today lost by 2 points, we were 31 points down, then kicked about 9 in a row to be 24 points up at 3/4 time and lost!

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
tannerztigers said:
Game one my mob (U/18 Torquay Tigers) won by 4 points. Was away at Surf Lifesaving Titles and missed that one.
Game three which was today lost by 2 points, we were 31 points down, then kicked about 9 in a row to be 24 points up at 3/4 time and lost!

Bloody hell, Tannerz. I hope the medics know how to deal with heart conditions down your way!

tannerztigers

He will Conca the world
Jul 4, 2006
Jan Juc
tannerztigers said:

Kept the trend going on the weekend.

Lost by 9 points, our team kicked 6.20 to 9.9