My Story: Shane Edwards opens up (HS) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

My Story: Shane Edwards opens up (HS)

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Half back Jack.
Has a nice ring to it
I'm not saying he wouldn't do well because he probably would, But I remember Brereton highlighting a swingman - a Carlisle/Harry Taylor type who was thrown into the forward line by his coach and the first thing he did was run to and mark up on his defender...

Reckon Jack would be like that but in reverse. He might be just a little loose.

Reactions: 1 user

vernissage

Tiger Rookie
May 28, 2005
Shedda was once the Pete Best, the 5th Beatle, but who now reprises himself as a George Harrison. He's that good. And that important. And mystical. The Long and Winding Road...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Shedda was once the Pete Best, the 5th Beatle, but who now reprises himself as a George Harrison. He's that good. And that important. And mystical. The Long and Winding Road...
I’m also tipping him to be our Burgoyne. Reckon there is a lot of footy and even a captaincy left in him.

UKTiger

Tiger Champion
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
For me the thing about Shanes ability and skill especially over the previous few seasons is the 'did he really manage to do that' skill that you need to re-watch time and again to see how he does the impossible in the blink of an eye. I am sure that there have been other players who have that special vision but I just enjoy watching Shane handing out a masterclass

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
The 2017 Grand Final is the Shane Edwards masterclass. For two glorious hours he turned into the Mozart of the Midfield. He didn’t play In that game, he conducted it.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

great pic!
Neither of them knew theyd both have 2 Premiership Medallions playing for the same club what 12 odd years later. One of those pictures that had nothing special about it till last year or three.

Same as the Picture of Tommy, JOsh and Dion in the draft year to the Gold Coast.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He used to make some shocking errors and clangers by foot, hence he copped the tag Shank for a while, but he's always had amazing vision and hands in close.

It took a long time for his team mates to catch up but it also took the current game plan to let him unleash and showcase his best.