NAB under 18 champs games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NAB under 18 champs games

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Unless we move up, I reckon Mackenzie will be gone before our pick.
Wardlaw,Sheezel,Hewitt,Budslinger,Clark,Tsatas,Cadman, Phillipou,l would expect those 8 to be gone before our pick,then it becomes a little trickier ,were does Keeler ,or Brayden George and even Lemmey go.
There might be a few clubs big on Lemmey ,he had a bad carnival ,but his performances in the SANFL have been very good .

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Wardlaw,Sheezel,Hewitt,Budslinger,Clark,Tsatas,Cadman, Phillipou,l would expect those 8 to be gone before our pick,then it becomes a little trickier ,were does Keeler ,or Brayden George and even Lemmey go.
There might be a few clubs big on Lemmey ,he had a bad carnival ,but his performances in the SANFL have been very good .
Think Sheezel will slip. As guaranteed as Sonsie was to slip. And I don’t think Cadman fits before Mackenzie either.

Still reckon Lemmy is still the key forward we should be trying to get. Then again SA forwards worry me big time.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Think Sheezel will slip. As guaranteed as Sonsie was to slip. And I don’t think Cadman fits before Mackenzie either.

Still reckon Lemmy is still the key forward we should be trying to get. Then again SA forwards worry me big time.
Cadman is a very good player ,his work rate for a forward is good ,you have to watch the nab cup matches ,the other thing about him is he is consistent .
Sheezel is a quality player ,he has a really good football brain ,l reckon he will be a Degoey type .

I reckon Lemmey needs to harden up,he doesn't impose himself enough

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Cadman is a very good player ,his work rate for a forward is good ,you have to watch the nab cup matches ,the other thing about him is he is consistent .
Sheezel is a quality player ,he has a really good football brain ,l reckon he will be a Degoey type .

I reckon Lemmey needs to harden up,he doesn't impose himself enough
Dunno if Sheezel has the athletic, gut running capability to be more than a silky HFF. Breust-like at best....Lennon type at worst. HFF's are a bit like that. That's why I reckon he'll slip. He's right up there for me as far as interest in the Combine goes and what he can do athletically.

Yes, Lemmey needs to harden up. Seems a common trait in SA key forwards.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Dunno if Sheezel has the athletic, gut running capability to be more than a silky HFF. Breust-like at best....Lennon type at worst. HFF's are a bit like that. That's why I reckon he'll slip. He's right up there for me as far as interest in the Combine goes and what he can do athletically.

Yes, Lemmey needs to harden up. Seems a common trait in SA key forwards.
Sheezel has played midfield time at the Dragons ,and was very good.
Don't need the combine to tell you whats right in front of your eyes .

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Sheezel has played midfield time at the Dragons ,and was very good.
Don't need the combine to tell you whats right in front of your eyes .
I've seen those and he looks just passable and that's why he played HFF in the champs ie there's better true on-ballers than him.

If the Combine wasn't worth having, they wouldn't have one.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I've seen those and he looks just passable and that's why he played HFF in the champs ie there's better true on-ballers than him.

You can't have all the Dragons player's in the midfield for metro ,can you,and l guess sheezel is a better forward than Mackenzie.
The combine is just a meet and greet from the clubs recruiter/coaches ,if a club doesn't have all the info on a player's ability before the combine,they should be sacked.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
You can't have all the Dragons player's in the midfield for metro ,can you,and l guess sheezel is a better forward than Mackenzie.
The combine is just a meet and greet from the clubs recruiter/coaches ,if a club doesn't have all the info on a player's ability before the combine,they should be sacked.
They play 4 games. Plenty of opportunity to get a run through there.

Combine regularly produces some bolters off the back of certain performances so I think you underrate it. It’s also another input for clubs if a player’s missed a lot of games, missed previous combines etc. Their measurements and outputs change quickly at that age.

Have you got Sheezel’s 2k and 3k times ?

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
They play 4 games. Plenty of opportunity to get a run through there.

Combine regularly produces some bolters off the back of certain performances so I think you underrate it. It’s also another input for clubs if a player’s missed a lot of games, missed previous combines etc. Their measurements and outputs change quickly at that age.

Have you got Sheezel’s 2k and 3k times ?
I don't underestimate the combine,like l said it's a meet and greet.

Yo-yo endurance

1. Dillon Goss (Tasmania) level 22.3
  2. Mitchell Rowe (Sandringham) 22.1
  3. Brodie Hicks (Western) 22.1
  4. Hugh Bond (GWV) 21.8
  5. Josh Hamilton (Northern) 21.8
  6. Jonathan Tomasiello (Northern) 21.8
  7. Jaxon Binns (Dandenong) 21.8
  8. Oliver Hollands (Murray) 21.8
  9. Harry Sheezel (Sandringham) 21.7
  10. Josh Weddle (Oakleigh) 21.7

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Lots of kids get played out of position in the champs,

And its not all logical or merit-based.

Cheesels looks all footballer what ive seen.

No on lemmy for me

Yes Mackenzie

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Lots of kids get played out of position in the champs,

And its not all logical or merit-based.

Cheesels looks all footballer what ive seen.

No on lemmy for me

Yes Mackenzie
Hmmm. Not sure he has been played out of position in the champs. He’s played a lot across half forward at NAB level and in the AFL.com interview with him both he and the article reference just that - ie a lot of time up forward with some time on the ball.

Lot of talent. Just need to be convinced he is, or can be, a genuine on-baller. Hence the interest in his aerobic capacity. Genuine on ballers carry more currency/less risk than part timers do or HFF’s.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Lot of talent. Just need to be convinced he is, or can be, a genuine on-baller. Hence the interest in his aerobic capacity. Genuine on ballers carry more currency/less risk than part timers do or HFF’s.

I generally agree,

But i take Toby Green over Riley Collier Dawkins

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I generally agree,

But i take Toby Green over Riley Collier Dawkins
For sure but for every Toby there’s 10 Ben Lennon’s or Sam Flanders or….

First round on-ballers, not quite the same ratio I’d have thought.

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
For sure but for every Toby there’s 10 Ben Lennon’s or Sam Flanders or….

First round on-ballers, not quite the same ratio I’d

I agree a sub 190 player who doesnt have exposed form in the guts,

Is not a % play in the first round

However, pick footballers who run both ways, once the blue chip stocks are exhausted, which is mostly by pick 10.

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
Final between VIC Metro v VIC Country now live on Foxtel. Gruzewski is lighting up as a swing man. Who should we be looking at?