Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Another who will always be introduced as "3 time Premiership ruckman". Well, at a minimum 3 times.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill
The “Big Rig” was an absolute colossus for his team.
Grit, determination, guts, strength, courage, manic and many more metaphors describe his contribution.
Not just his ruck work, but to follow up, tap, midge, tackle, mark, put his body into contests. He left nothing in the tank. He spent every last ounce. By geez he earned his pay packet.
No wonder our boys walk taller when he’s out there.

Reactions: 7 users

eddazol

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 22, 2014
We have to thank the swans for nank the tank. Triple premiership player.

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I know we will all watch the replay multiple times so on one of them pay attention to how often he is is the defensive hole.

Standing there, knowing 200kgs of Hawkins and Balta are coming from behind, plus the third, fourth and fifths up.

Never flinches and just kills contest after contest after contest and then goes again.

He is a colossus.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

French Tiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 6, 2004
Very underrated the big lug. Doesn't get a mention in the so called top ruckman in the league conversation. But combined with his aggression & around the ground work he is up there in my opinion with them.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Stanley was doing well in the first half. 20 hit outs in the first half and only 9 in the second.

Nankervis lifted and Stanley crumbled after that.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Champion
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Triple premiership ruckman, we are so blessed to have Nank in our corner.

Not the best ruck, not as tall as many who are going around now, but a huge heart and makes the most of his abilities.

So rapt we re-signed him.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
He's got 3more Premiership Medals than the "Best Ruckman" in the game.
He'll do for me.
"Best ruckman" really is subjective isn't it? If you're looking for a big clearing hit out or a HOTA and nothing much else, they sure go for NicNat or Gawn. If you want a competitive workhorse who's great on the ground, tackles like a midfielder, good food skills, a good mark, smart at dropping in to holes in defence and competes well enough in ruck contests then you can't go past our Nank

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Love the big fella, earlier in the year many people on this site said he was done, over taken by soldo and injured, now possibly 3rd option and should be traded or de listed.

I along with a few others said no way, imo he is still our number 1 ruck, very different to Soldo... Prelim he showed why he is different and so important, another mid who fearlessly fills the holes down back in crucial times.

Love the big fella, hes a ripper both on and off the field!.

DavidSSS

Tiger Champion
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Love the big fella, earlier in the year many people on this site said he was done, over taken by soldo and injured, now possibly 3rd option and should be traded or de listed.

I along with a few others said no way, imo he is still our number 1 ruck, very different to Soldo... Prelim he showed why he is different and so important, another mid who fearlessly fills the holes down back in crucial times.

Love the big fella, hes a ripper both on and off the field!.

There are advantages to having 2 different types of ruck too, Soldo and Nank is a good balance. Pity Ivan is out for a year.

DS

• Sad