Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
This provides a chance for CCJ to perform when he gets back and Chol in the early games. We need games into these two guys, unfortunately Solda's injury will provide this for them. 2021 make it your year go CCJ & Chol
Both of these two have got to show they want a AFL career and to date for different reasons haven't shown that. As you say 2021 is their chance to prove it.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Really was one of the most profound and inspired trades. I didn't even know who he was when it happened. It seemed he was too short to be a first ruck.

I was very happy to be wrong.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
we saw the need at the end of 2016. Nank was hungry to play, the swans gave him to us for next to nothing. Now the swans pick up a 'second in line ruckman" while we have a truly warrior who gives all for the team and his team mates whilst wearing 3 premiership medals.
Just one selection mistake was all it took.
Nank shared the ruck duties with Naismith in the 2016 semi against the Crows and was dropped for Tippett in the Preliminary final.
The RFC pounced like Dusty on a loose ball in the forward line, and that was all she wrote.

PS Tippett only played another 10 games :rotfl2:cupgold:banana:cupgold:rotfl1:cupgold

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
My niece is an exercise physiologist and has had something to do with Nank's brother who is a pretty good pushbike rider. Looks like a thinner Nank. She said (of the brother) she had never seen a resting heart rate so low after intense exercise. Maybe our man Nank has the same genes. Often stands very tall late when others are wilting.

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
My niece is an exercise physiologist and has had something to do with Nank's brother who is a pretty good pushbike rider. Looks like a thinner Nank. She said (of the brother) she had never seen a resting heart rate so low after intense exercise. Maybe our man Nank has the same genes. Often stands very tall late when others are wilting.
Hmm food for thought. But also a steely and resolute determination to go with it. The heart of a warrior

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Thought I'd give the big lug a bump. One of my favourites is Nank. Gives his all.
Love to see him get a 4th Premiership. Bet Sydney grit their teeth every time they hear his name :cool:

And for all the doomsayers that think the Dimma situation is going to "derail the club", if we assume the players all knew about it, then check out Nank's comments about how close they are as a group.
Reckon they'll be hungry for more success.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1605121200001

Reactions: 9 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Nank missing 10 weeks and then coming back in and doing what he did was massive.
We probably don't beat Port in the Prelim without Nank, he was huge.
Satisfaction wise, apart from the Premierships, beating Port is right up there with beating the Cats in the Qualifying final in 2017.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Nank missing 10 weeks and then coming back in and doing what he did was massive.
We probably don't beat Port in the Prelim without Nank, he was huge.
Satisfaction wise, apart from the Premierships, beating Port is right up there with beating the Cats in the Qualifying final in 2017.
Always knew a fresh Nank was gonna be huge for us at the tail end and during finals. His injury was a blessing in disguise. Theres merit in resting him during the middle of the year and getting him primed for finals. Shame big Soldo will miss the whole season

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
Thought I'd give the big lug a bump. One of my favourites is Nank. Gives his all.
Love to see him get a 4th Premiership. Bet Sydney grit their teeth every time they hear his name :cool:

And for all the doomsayers that think the Dimma situation is going to "derail the club", if we assume the players all knew about it, then check out Nank's comments about how close they are as a group.
Reckon they'll be hungry for more success.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1605121200001
I was listening to the GF 3AW radio call again the other day and even Leigh Matthews mentioned Big Nank would be still going the same in the last five minutes as he was in the first five - like a tractor that keeps going and going!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
I was listening to the GF 3AW radio call again the other day and even Leigh Matthews mentioned Big Nank would be still going the same in the last five minutes as he was in the first five - like a tractor that keeps going and going!
I wouldn't swap him for any other ruckman in the country. Massively under rated

Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Unlike most ruckman, Nanks is much more as he roves like a big mobile midfielder as well
Last year, Nanks worked with Emma Murray almost exclusively with a mental focus on improving his 2nd efforts.
Nanks wants to be the best in the league in this persuit.
Mission accomplished.
Hope this year he wants to focus on hurting opposition players. I like an angry ruckman

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Not that I really give a rats rectrum about the Pies, however atm the massive long term deal they gave Grundy ain’t look great.

IMHO you never give massive contracts to ruckman no matter how good they are, there’s always serviceable big doofuses easily obtainable floating around

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Not that I really give a rats rectrum about the Pies, however atm the massive long term deal they gave Grundy ain’t look great.

IMHO you never give massive contracts to ruckman no matter how good they are, there’s always serviceable big doofuses easily obtainable floating around
He will be the next Treloar style fire sale

Reactions: 2 users