Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
By far and away the MOST under rated ruckman/player in the AFL..... There isn't a Ruckman in the comp I would trade him for.
Yep absolutely perfect Ruck for our team, great grab, nice kick, protects the mids, fills the hole, hurts the opposition physically ,can sneak forward for a goal and is as cheap as chips for his output

Reactions: 2 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
My guess is the scum will be forced to wear some of his contract like they did with Treloar
How would you be being the Pies list manager atm.
Treloar-Cost 2 1st rnd picks plus cap space(Lynch) & Still paying part of contract at the dogs.
Return-Pick 14
Beams-Received-Pick 5/25 & Crisp.
Cost on return-1st rnd picks 18 & 19 and cap space(Lynch/Treloar)
Grundy-Cost salary cap(treloar).

Now lets take us for example.
Meatball
Cost pick 6
Return-3 flags & B&F
Caddy-
Cost-Deledio,2nd rnd pick
Return-2 flags
Nank-
Cost-Pick 46
Return-3 flags

Lynch-
Cost-Salary cap
Return-2 flags.

Common theme outside of Lynch we have managed too stay within our means salary cap wise while adding to our list at a cost of Lids.
What makes it more impressive compared to the Pies we have no such concerns even with the signing of the Goat on a long term.

Blair Hartley is a legend.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
How would you be being the Pies list manager atm.
Treloar-Cost 2 1st rnd picks plus cap space(Lynch) & Still paying part of contract at the dogs.
Return-Pick 14
Beams-Received-Pick 5/25 & Crisp.
Cost on return-1st rnd picks 18 & 19 and cap space(Lynch/Treloar)
Grundy-Cost salary cap(treloar).

Now lets take us for example.
Meatball
Cost pick 6
Return-3 flags & B&F
Caddy-
Cost-Deledio,2nd rnd pick
Return-2 flags
Nank-
Cost-Pick 46
Return-3 flags

Lynch-
Cost-Salary cap
Return-2 flags.

Common theme outside of Lynch we have managed too stay within our means salary cap wise while adding to our list at a cost of Lids.
What makes it more impressive compared to the Pies we have no such concerns even with the signing of the Goat on a long term.

Blair Hartley is a legend.
Lets not forget we were happy to give up 2 first rounders for Treloar as well. Would have meant we missed out on Prestia and Rioli. A real sliding doors moment for the Tigers

Reactions: 4 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
I wonder if Nank will start to get the credit he deserves in the AFL Media. For a triple premiership ruckman and still quite young, he's never mentioned in the top ruckman lists. He's rarely beaten.
Got some credit from Google the other day.

Demon Max Gawn has signed a new deal, but he would trade all his individual accolades for the success enjoyed by Tiger ruck counterpart Toby Nankervis.

“I have had some individual accolades along the way and you realise they don’t really mean as much as what (Tigers’ ruckman) Toby Nankervis has — as a three-time premiership ruckman.

“I would much rather his resume.”

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Love the big Nank, sometimes reading PRE I shake my head though....

Remembering mid 2019 from memory many on here had nank as tradable as Soldo was our no.1 man..

Yes he’d had some injuries but this bloke is a ripper, play as ruckman plays like midfielder..

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Love the big Nank, sometimes reading PRE I shake my head though....

Remembering mid 2019 from memory many on here had nank as tradable as Soldo was our no.1 man..

Yes he’d had some injuries but this bloke is a ripper, play as ruckman plays like midfielder..
And Nank is going to get better.

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Would you still take it now if it became available?
Bit like Noble at North.

Seriously I reckon I would. You can only go one way, and unlike the other club you mention, you'd have considerable resources at your disposal.

If I got the job, the first thing I'd do is pack that spud Moore off to Richmond to free up some space to keep Grundy. Chol would be a nice low cost replacement, and he would fit in with our new "Do Better" ethos as well.

I just can't see GWSs immature culture doing much for Jesse Hogan. He needs to get back to basics out of the spotlight. So what better place to be than at full forward for Collingwood? He won't see the ball for 6 weeks at a time, especially with Treloar gone.

Speaking of Treloar, that awkward departure is likely to affect our ability to recruit players. Despite what everyone else here at Collingwood says, that was just not a good look. We need to patch things up, and generously paying a chunk of his salary for the next 5 years doesn't go far enough. Kim Ravaillion is a switched on, tough little cookie who knows what success looks like. I hear she is chasing a gig with family friendly hours, so I'd lobby for her to become our mindfulness coach.

And finally, I'd get Joffa Corfe in as my Cat B rookie scout and have him scour the lads from ethnic backgrounds for the next Houli. He clearly has an empathy with these guys. Of course, Joffa can be a bit erratic, so I'd ask Eddie McGuire to provide some mentoring here.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Seriously I reckon I would. You can only go one way, and unlike the other club you mention, you'd have considerable resources at your disposal.

If I got the job, the first thing I'd do is pack that spud Moore off to Richmond to free up some space to keep Grundy. Chol would be a nice low cost replacement, and he would fit in with our new "Do Better" ethos as well.

I just can't see GWSs immature culture doing much for Jesse Hogan. He needs to get back to basics out of the spotlight. So what better place to be than at full forward for Collingwood? He won't see the ball for 6 weeks at a time, especially with Treloar gone.

Speaking of Treloar, that awkward departure is likely to affect our ability to recruit players. Despite what everyone else here at Collingwood says, that was just not a good look. We need to patch things up, and generously paying a chunk of his salary for the next 5 years doesn't go far enough. Kim Ravaillion is a switched on, tough little cookie who knows what success looks like. I hear she is chasing a gig with family friendly hours, so I'd lobby for her to become our mindfulness coach.

And finally, I'd get Joffa Corfe in as my Cat B rookie scout and have him scour the lads from ethnic backgrounds for the next Houli. He clearly has an empathy with these guys. Of course, Joffa can be a bit erratic, so I'd ask Eddie McGuire to provide some mentoring here.
LoL.Very good

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Not that I really give a rats rectrum about the Pies, however atm the massive long term deal they gave Grundy ain’t look great.

IMHO you never give massive contracts to ruckman no matter how good they are, there’s always serviceable big doofuses easily obtainable floating around
Hey Mr B , from where we sit I'd say its a damn fine deal and hope they can stitch up a few more like it :)

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Got some credit from Google the other day.

Demon Max Gawn has signed a new deal, but he would trade all his individual accolades for the success enjoyed by Tiger ruck counterpart Toby Nankervis.

“I have had some individual accolades along the way and you realise they don’t really mean as much as what (Tigers’ ruckman) Toby Nankervis has — as a three-time premiership ruckman.

“I would much rather his resume.”
credit to Big Max

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
My fear is Nank being beaten up during the long season. Soldo is a big loss.

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
was Mate arriving in March ?
Mate Colina was meant to arrive in March during his break, no sign of him yet at training. Has Covid restrictions on Int'l travel kept him out of the country? Has he decided to continue with basketball?

Either way don't see a need for him now that we have drafted Samson Ryan. 207cm with skills vs 213cm an extra 15kg but questionable skills?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Mate Colina was meant to arrive in March during his break, no sign of him yet at training. Has Covid restrictions on Int'l travel kept him out of the country? Has he decided to continue with basketball?

Either way don't see a need for him now that we have drafted Samson Ryan. 207cm with skills vs 213cm an extra 15kg but questionable skills?

Why not both??

Thought Mate played as a junior so should have basic skills....and surely he would be more highly skilled than the lanky yank

Imagine in 5 years with both Sampson and Mate with MR Jnr at their feet